Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Happenings 2012

 Halloween has come and gone. We celebrated throughout the month of October and had some fun. To kick off our Halloween adventures we spent the morning at Gardner's Village with our friends- Holly, Tucker and Calvin. We did a witch scavenger hunt and ended our trip with a picnic lunch and a cookie treat at the bakery.
Tucker, Ryan, Brady and Calvin
Gold Ranger and Batman with one of the witches
A couple weeks later we went to the Pumpkin Patch with the Smiths. The boys enjoyed playing in the corn pit,
balancing on bales of hay and going through the straw maze,
jumping into the corn,
and finally going on a hay ride and picking a pumpkin to take home. We went to this same pumpkin patch last year and it was just as great this year. I love that it is free and never crowded. We picked out a white pumpkin for Brady and, this year, I let Ryan pick out a perfectly ugly pumpkin from out in the field. He loved it.

We went to the MBA Halloween party this year. It was pure chaos. The boys LOVED it though. They had it at a church building and set up fun games in the different classrooms. I am amazed every time the MBA families get together at the shear number of children we all have. Like I said, it was crazy. Both Ryan and Brady had a blast. And if you are sensing any kind of theme to our October activities so far... we met and hung out with Curt, Holly, Tucker and Calvin at the party. :)

Our friends, the Poultons, invited us to their ward Trunk or Treat. It was a little chilly but so much fun! They just moved into a really fun ward with TONS of kids. They had all kinds of games set up for the little kids. Brady liked the bean bag toss the best and would have done it all night if it didn't get dark and we had to go start the Trunk or Treating. We didn't paint Brady's nose that night and a couple people thought he was a cow. haha. Maddox was Jake the Pirate and Chantilly was the beautiful Ariel from The Little Mermaid. We love hanging out with the Poultons!
Brady, Maddox, Ryan and Chantilly
 The night before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. I was impressed at how they turned out. I misplaced our carving set so all we had to work with were steak knives. If you can make out the boys' faces, you can see they were pretty thrilled about the whole thing too.


By the time Halloween finally rolled around, these boys were ready to party! Ryan came bursting into my room way too early asking me to put on his costume. I was so tired and laid in bed while he sang to me "Get up! Get up! The sun is almost up!" As we made our way around town that morning Brady would look around and whenever he saw a Halloween decoration he would enthusiastically say "Halloween is here!" We went to our ward Play Group Halloween Party in the morning and then Ryan was excited to wear his costume to school. We had the Smith's over for dinner and then headed out to Trick or Treat.

"Halloween is HERE!"
These boys are so cute. They loved walking house to house. This is a great age for Trick or Treating. We were actually encouraging them to go "one more street" at the end. They were ready to be done in time to get home and have a normal bedtime! It was a great Halloween!
The puppy dog, Gold Power Ranger, Robin and Batman

Until next year... Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

How great to have buddies!

And that's funny that they called Brady a cow when his nose wasn't painted. (He's a super cute puppy, by the way!) It reminds me of how Jill kept getting called a dog in her bear costume. The tail of a bear is totally different than a dog tail, but I think people were basing it off the size of the ears on her costume. Oh well. It confused Jill. :) "Why are they calling me a doggie, Mama?" tee hee

Mimi Collett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi Collett said...

Fabulous. Double comments. And now if I delete it, it will leave a mark saying I deleted it. Sigh. I can't win. :) I should go to bed . . .

Oh, and Jeff spoke to the Virginia people today. He gave them a counter-offer on salary. We'll find out next week if the amount he asked for it approved. How crazy that only a month ago I thought I would live in Cincinnati for the rest of my life and now everything is in a possible upheaval. It would be brutally ironic or painful or something if Zach does end up getting a job here and you move here. I don't think I could handle that.

Empty Nester said...

I had no idea that Haloween was a month long holiday. Thankfully my girls never knew that!!!!

Jodi said...

You know it is early when your kid is singing "Get up, Get up. The sun is ALMOST up" Almost? yikes!
Sounds like the Bellows really know how to celebrate! What a fun month and what a good mom to keep going for a whole month! Too bad we don't celebrate Halloween earlier in October!

Holly said...

We sure did celebrate Halloween to its fullest!! Tucker keeps saying he wishes it could be Halloween every day. :) Thanks for all the fun times!!