Monday, November 12, 2012

Lindsey's Bridal Shower

 On Saturday we had a bridal shower for my sister, Lindsey. I worked with two of her awesome bridesmaids to plan it and I thought everything turned out great! My good friend, Holly, agreed to come take pictures and I think they turned out awesome. Thanks Holly!
 Lindsey's colors are navy blue, slate grey and coral. We did the best we could with what we could find but the shower colors ended up being bright blue, light pink and white.
 
 My mom sent out some pictures for Lindsey's wedding video and included some 8x10s of Lindsey growing up. I thought they were too cute not to share. So the girls and I pooled our 8x10 frames and supplemented with dollar store ones. It was a fun, easy way to decorate.
 I got my pinterest on and made some tissue paper pom poms. They were fun and added color to the party.
 We ended up having just the right amount of food which was nice. We had a veggie tray, pumpkin mini muffins, chocolate covered strawberries, apple slices with Sara's most amazing creamy caramel dip, Molly's awesome breakfast quiche and some slushy punch which turned out to be delicious. The centerpiece was a little bit of a joke. Lindsey's venue for her reception only has "seasonal" centerpieces available in December- complete with frosted fruit. Needless to say, I think we will probably go a different direction with the centerpieces at the actual reception.
 We had a great turn out. My grandma came down from Salt Lake and my sister, Anne wins the award for longest distance traveled. She came all the way down from Idaho. in a snow storm. Yea, she earned some serious sister points for that one. We were so glad she could make it!
The beautiful bride to be
 For party favors we filled little navy drawstring bags with two Lindor Truffles. I found some (what I thought were coral but ended up being orange) butterflies to glue on the card. The guests seemed happy with them and I thought they turned out cute.
Sara is Lindsey's roommate and one of her bridesmaids. She helped plan the shower with me. We played a game where you hold up a poster with lots of wedding words on it. You tell the guests to look at the poster and try to remember as many words as you can. Then we had Lindsey take the poster and go out of the room. We gave the guests a piece of paper and a pen and told them to write down as many things about Lindsey (what she was wearing, how she had her hair, what jewelry she had on, etc.) as they could. Then Lindsey came back into the room, everyone read their answers and Lindsey chose a winner. It was a fun game and it was neat to see what everyone wrote down.
The next game we played is one of my favorites. We asked Rick ahead of time some questions and then Lindsey had to guess his answers. If she got one wrong she had to put a piece of gum in her mouth. I was super excited about this one because I was able to have Zach record Rick's answers without Lindsey knowing. Lindsey was really surprised when we pulled out the video. Success!
 Cute Lindsey trying to think of Rick's first pet's name. She got a piece of gum for that one!
 Here is the group shot. Lindsey has some really nice friends and it meant a lot to have them all there. I was happy because there ended up being enough seating for everyone to sit comfortably in the living room but it was a full house! Lindsey got lots of cute things to help her decorate her new place and some great things off her registry.
Sara, Molly, Lindsey and Anne
 Here is Lindsey with 3/4 of her bridesmaids. Rick's little sister will also be a bridesmaid but she is in Alaska and couldn't come to the shower for obvious reasons. Molly and Sara  helped me plan and Anne was super helpful with the morning preparations and helped me clean everything up afterward. I think Lindsey did a great job picking awesome bridesmaids. She is so lucky!
 This is my favorite picture of the day. I love how genuine and candid it is. My grandma is the best.
 We are so excited for Lindsey and Rick. They are getting married on December 20th- only 4 and a half weeks away!

2 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

The party looks fun and beautiful.

It's funny, because every time I see a picture of Lindsey, I think "she's too young!" But then I remember how young I was . . . :) Crazy how time flies (and changes your perception of the past!).

Jodi said...

Fun party and fun post. So wish I could have been there! Everything looked great!