Tuesday, February 26, 2013

All's Well That Ends Well

I had my doctor's appointment tonight. I was so nervous and ready to get it over with. The last four days have been so hard on me. If this was some kind of a stress test- I failed miserably. I'm pretty sure I cried just about everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. My poor family and friends had to hear me go on and on about it nonstop. I couldn't sleep (notice the last couple posts were written at 2am). I did lots of research, lots of praying and lots of stretches and yoga moves and even a little bit of standing on my head. But...

it looks like it all paid off! First, the nurse took the heartbeat and was able to find it right away, strong as ever, on my lower left side (right where it is supposed to be on a baby who is in the vertex position). At my last appointment she had to scan my right side and the heartbeat was super muffled and hard to measure. The baby's favorable position was confirmed again after the doctor came in and checked me. He nonchalantly said, "Oh yep, looks like he is head down." Like it was no big deal. I wanted to hug him and punch him in the face at the same time. I was so relieved but I also wanted to kill him for putting me through all this stress! It was the best case scenario. Prayers were definitely answered.

I did make sure to tell both him and the nurse that the past four days have been some of the most neurotic of my life. I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, I got all the crazy out of me before the baby comes this time. I guess only time will tell.

I am so relieved that I don't have to choose between an induction and a c-section. Truth be told, I was leaning toward a repeat c-section over the induction. But now I get to just wait for labor to start on its own. I have never been so happy to wait on a baby to come! He can take all the time he needs.  :)

No more complaints from me. It will be such a happy day to have him here safe and sound.

2 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

I cannot believe how nonchalant the doctor was. Does he not realize how he manipulated your emotions at your last appointment?! An OB should be much more aware of the feelings of pregnant women. Good grief. I am really glad that you let him know what you went through in between the two appointments.

I am so glad you were able to get the baby to move!!

Yay for the waiting period. And seriously, enjoy this time as your last little bit as a mother with only two children.

Jessica said...

yeah! That's wonderful news :)