Thursday, March 7, 2013

Baby Shower

This post is overdue. Hopefully this baby won't follow suit. He is due on Monday, but I'm thinking tomorrow would be a perfectly good day to have a baby.  :)

A couple weeks ago, my good friend Holly threw me the cutest baby shower. She is a party planner extraordinaire and did not disappoint. She used a "Little Man" theme and everything turned out so cute. I am always amazed whenever she throws a party. She plans things down to the details. She really has a gift.

The invitations were so clever and cute.



 The decorations and food table were equally adorable.

 photo DSC_0527fix_zps57a31f13.jpg

There was a big snowstorm the morning of the shower so several people who lived up north couldn't come. My sister, Anne and sister in law, Kylene, however, definitely won some serious sister points. Anne drove down from Sandy and Kylene wins the prize for furthest distance traveled and came down all the way from Ogden- in the snow. She's the best. It meant so much to me to have her there.

The shower started with some fun games. Holly had me give her a few random facts about each of my pregnancies and then the guests had to match up the pregnancy fact with which "Little Man's" pregnancy it was describing. Coming up with the facts made me realize how little I documented Brady's pregnancy. It was easy to find things about Ryan's pregnancy because of the monthly emails I would send my mom and sisters.

 photo DSC_0542fix_zpsaf8fc2c0.jpg

After eating some delicious food, we played a mustache match up game. Like I said, Holly is so clever and ties everything back to the theme.

 photo DSC_0562_zps887b8295.jpg 

It was actually kind of fun to just have a few people there and they were definitely 5 of my most favorite women (plus my favorite baby boy)- so it worked out just perfectly! 

 photo DSC_0558fix_zpsac7426e8.jpg
Brittany with baby Travis, Anne, pregnant version of myself, Lindsey and Ky (Holly was taking the picture)

 Notice the cute mustache straws Holly made. Awesome.

This "sisters shot" is one of my favorite pictures from the shower. It has been so fun to have both my sisters in Utah with me. They're the greatest.

 photo DSC_0545fix_zps4aa91666.jpg

I got some really thoughtful gifts that I am excited to use on baby boy when he decides to come. I told Holly when she offered to throw me a shower that I felt silly having one since this is my third baby- and another boy no less. She said, "every baby deserves a celebration." I'd never thought of it that way before, but she's right. I am just as excited to welcome this little boy to our family as I was with Ryan and Brady. I feel so lucky to have such great friends and family who would celebrate him with me. 

For party favors (I'm telling you, this girl thinks of everything) Holly made (made!) cute little mustache chocolate pops.

  photo DSC_0509_zps65353d46.jpg

You can't get the full effect with them in the wrapper. I'm sure Holly will appreciate me using the picture of her modeling them. I was bummed when I realized I didn't get one picture of me and her. She had to be in at least one picture on this post!

 

Not only did Holly plan and execute the whole shower, but she took all the pictures as well. I snagged these all off her blog. She's amazing. 

Thanks Holly!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Oh Brooke, you give me too much credit!! I wouldn't be anything without copying the creative ideas of others. Seriously. You're so sweet. I'm just grateful to have such a wonderful friend! (and a new baby to dote on...to hopefully help curb my baby hunger for a little while!!) :) We are so excited for you & can't wait to meet baby boy #3! Hopefully sooner rather than later...

Holly said...

P.S. Wish we would have gotten a picture of the two of us, instead of an awkward picture of just myself... :)

Mimi Collett said...

SO CUTE! What an amazingly decorated shower! I wish I could have been there. I am glad that Ky and your sisters and Brittany were able to make it. (And of course Holly.)

And I think it is kind of cool that your baby shower was on the same day as Alice's birthday. :)

Vicki Rich came over to my home today to help me unpack. It's still so funny to me to be in the same ward as the Bellows and Baileys and with people who knew the Poultons. I suppose I'll get used to it someday. :)

I LOVE the chocolate mustaches!

The Chappells said...

Sooo cute! Everything! The invitation, decorations, YOU, your sisters! Love it. Ok now little man, you may make your entrance any time!!! Cannot wait to see his cute little face!