Monday, March 18, 2013

Camden Pictures- Hospital Edition


Meeting Grandma Jodi (6 hours old)
Meeting Big Brother Ryan
Check out Brady practicing for his turn to hold the baby
Brady grew three sizes over night. I couldn't believe how big he was when he walked in the room!
First family photo. Everyone looks so cute. I am a swollen mess- Good thing this is not our last family photo!
 Camden brought the boys superheroes on motorcycles. They were pretty thrilled.
The boys quickly discovered the hospital bed with all it's buttons. Brady loved drinking out of my hospital water jug.
Aunt Lindsey came as soon as she could get out of class.
Holly and Calvin came on day #2. We were excited to see them!
Ryan and Brady came back on day #2.
Aunt Anne came straight from a job interview!


34 hours old and on our way home!
We were anxious to get home from the hospital this time around. The labor and delivery nurses were amazing. The postpartum nurses left a lot to be desired. Maybe it was just super busy in the maternity ward while we were there, but we figured we had more help at home than in the hospital. I would at least have access to my own medication! I waited over two hours for them to bring me a Motrin after requesting one and then reminding them. I loved my hospital stay with Ryan and quite enjoyed it with Brady but this time around I can see how women want to get home as soon as possible- plus I missed my other two little guys! We're home now and doing great. The newborn stage is hard but I know it's not forever. It definitely helps that Camden is the most east going baby I have ever met. He hardly ever cries and when he does he is super easy to soothe. He is the perfect baby for our family right now. We love him so much!

8 comments:

Janice Richardson said...

Oh, he looks so tiny! I love Brady's face!

Mimi Collett said...

Oh my goodness. Brady and Ryan look so big!! When did that happen? I'm always amazed by how babies make their older siblings age like a year in a day. And some how I hadn't noticed Brady having "big boy" hair before instead of baby hair.

That is awesome that Camden is easy going! I think that Alice is our most chill baby so far, too. We'll see what happens when we leave the sleeping-all-the-time stage.

And is it weird to say that I really like Ryan's "big brother" shirt? I think the font and design of it are cute.

Empty Nester said...

Glad he's an easy going baby and that things worked out great for you!!! Loved all the pictures!!!

Holly said...

I love this little guy--and I'm not even related to him! So glad we get to be here with you guys to celebrate the addition to the family!!!

Jodi said...

I love that you can write this post because it means your sweet baby is here and you are no longer pregnant. Plus I get to hold him. So happy for all concerned!

Angela and Mike said...

Adorable! Thank you for the pictures! I'm so glad you are no longer pregnant :) I hope you are able to sleep and recover some. Wish I could be there to help! Love you guys and that new baby Camden.

Jill said...

Congratulations! I love all the pictures. Your family is beautiful, and Camden is darling. So happy for you. I bet that busy grandma is in heaven.

Rach said...

Thanks for sharing! Glad y'all are home and doing well. And I love Brady's baby-holding warm up. What a sweetheart. I'm jealous that Anne and Linds get to meet him...can't wait to see you guys in just a few short weeks!