| June 5, 2008- Ryan's Due Date |
| September 21, 2010- Brady's Due Date |
| March 11, 2013- Baby #3's Due Date |
Yea, so I'm still pregnant. Yesterday on the way home from church Ryan told me, "I hope the water breaks in your tummy today." I said, "Yea, me too. That would be awesome." He followed up with, "Yea. Then you can go back to normal."
I sure hope I can go "back to normal" after all this. I promised I wouldn't complain, so don't read this wrong. In fact in my previous post I believe my exact words were, "He can take all the time he needs. :)". That said, I never made it past 39 weeks with my other two boys. I was on high alert all last week expecting this baby to come at any moment. This week I have just come to the conclusion that I will never have a baby. I have just been making this whole thing up. This is my body now.
Have I mentioned, I love being pregnant?
Yea, so not complaining right now.
3 comments:
It really isn't funny--but I can't help laughing at this! I'm so sorry for you. I can only imagine how hard it is to wait, when you've never had to wait before. Let's hope all the stress that this baby is going to cause is happening BEFORE he's born, so that he'll be a perfect little angel after he's here. :) (And while you're overdue, I say you should shoot for Wednesday so his birthday will be 3/13/13!)
You are a dang cute pregnant woman!! :)
It was really cool to see your dad in the nursery on Sunday. I wonder when I am going to get used to seeing the Bellows and Baileys?
And the waiting is brutal, but it sounds like you are finding ways to enjoy this last bit of time with Brady and Ryan with them as your only children. (I love the comment about "being back to normal." I have found that I've been more grumpy the two weeks after Alice's birth than I was before her birth. So much for me going back to normal!)
And if it helps you feel any better, research has begun to show that labor is actually initiated by a hormone sent from the baby to the mother, so know that this Little Man just really isn't ready yet, and he'll let you know when he is! :) He is being very choosy about his birthday!!
Also, I 100% recommend prenatal massage and a reflexology/acupressure treatment. Or just the reflexology/acupressure. It was so relaxing and amazing; I really think it played a large part in me getting "chill" enough for Alice to feel comfortable to come. And even if it didn't play a part—it felt REALLY good. :)
Oh, Brook I so feel you! My first 2 were early (Emma being way too early) and I was put on bed rest with my 3rd... made it to 37 weeks and was able to get up and do stuff, and that little stinker waited until almost 39 weeks!
The worse is not knowing when everything is going to happen, I think. I was having nightmares that I would go into labor and be all alone with my little kids. AND NOT be able to get a hold of anyone to take care of them while I went to the hospital :)
You really are a super cute prego mommy! And so you will be enjoying the new normal. ;)
Post a Comment