Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Recently

 We had a couple cold days last week, which was sort of a bummer- I am so ready for Spring!- but the silver lining was that I could put this cute little grey hat on Camden when we went out.
 The boys have continued to bond with Camden. They always ask where the baby is when they wake up in the morning.
 Camden sleeps probably 20 hours a day (and I'm not exaggerating). It makes having a baby pretty easy. He just eats and sleeps. I'm telling you, he is an angel child. We are loving having him in our family. 
 One night while Zach had an evening class we made some Easter Eggs out of paper. The boys got into it way more than I expected and it kept them busy for a long time. Camden slept in his bouncer the whole time while we made the eggs.
We got some snow last weekend. Ryan and I went outside while the little boys napped. He was excited to use the snow coloring spray my mom brought him over Christmas. 
I also gave him a haircut. I like his hair long, but it was getting too much to keep up with. If I didn't do it every morning it looked crazy so it was time for a shorter cut. I really like how it turned out and more importantly, he loves it!
 I sort of hate giving my babies their first baths. They always hate it. It stresses me out. Camden had his first bath this past week. I was happy I had my mom there for moral support. I must say his hair was fluffy and awesome after the bath and he smelled so good. In the end, it was totally worth it.
 Camden was cold and crying after the bath. Whenever Brady hears Camden cry (very rare) he comes running with a binky for him. Here he is trying to get Camden to take a binky after his bath. He is such a cute big brother.
 My mom left yesterday. Today was Camden's two week appointment and circumcision. It was a big day. Zach stayed with me at the appointment and our dear friends watched the other two boys for us. Zach helped pick Ryan up from preschool and then he had to head to campus to get school work done and then he had class from 7pm-10pm. I survived the evening with three boys! We even had time to play soccer outside and play super heroes for a while. I pulled off dinner and everyone was in bed on time. Phew! I am especially proud because I haven't cried at all today! Unfortunately, the same can't be said for sweet little Ryan. Whenever we mention Grandma Jodi's name he tears up. They were buddies these last four weeks and he misses his buddy. We are excited for Zach's mom to come to town in a week. Her upcoming trip will definitely make the next week more doable. If I can just hold it together for a week on my own, I'll have help again! Thank goodness for moms! 

8 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Hooray for updates! I'm so glad Camden is such a good baby. He is adorable! Looks like Brady is adjusting well to being a big brother too :) So cute. I bet you are still tired, even with Camden's 20 hours of sleep. I can't believe all you are doing still...easter crafts, hair cuts, playing outside. You are amazing!

Holly said...

Congratulations on surviving the evening on your own! Kids were in bed ON TIME?? I'm super impressed!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Chappells said...

I deleted my comment above because I was signed into a different account...but I said-OH I wish I had NOT read this. You are a superhero mom! I haven't even had #2 yet and the tears are already super hard to fight off! I don't know how you did it. You should print this and reread it everyday and pat yourself on the back!! Those are some super lucky boys!! keep the cute pictures coming...but for everyone else's sake don't make it look so easy!CONGRATS!

Mimi Collett said...

I feel like we are living parallel lives! It is so fun to have babies at the same stage. I love it when ice does the raised shaky fist pose, and it is so cute to see Camden doing that same thing in some of your pictures. :) And I believe in you!! You can totally survive and thrive in this week between mom's, because you are awesome.

Mom & Dad said...

He looks like a Bellows baby with dark and curly hair....I can't wait to see everyone soon!

Jodi said...

Funny thing...I tear up reading your blog. Miss those little boys...all three of them. Tell Ryan that his Grandma needs a date. Miss you guys!

Rach said...

What a sweet update on your fam! Hooray for mothers-in-law :)