One June 5th Ryan will turn five! Five seems so old to me. It's crazy. My baby is growing up- like, for real.
I was thinking of having a birthday "get together" the Saturday after his actual birthday, but then Ky and Geoff said they would come down from Ogden for Camden's baby blessing on Sunday, June 2nd. So on Thursday I decided to throw together a birthday BBQ/Party for Saturday the 1st. It was crazy last minute and I pretty much planned the whole thing during Brady's nap. I threw together an evite and sent it out. I was amazed that all but one person we invited was able to come!
![]() |
| The evite I sent out. |
We decided to have the party at the park (It was awesome to not have to clean my house before and after the party!). It ended up being a beautiful day- perfect for a party! Our little spot had excellent shade and a grill and easy access to the play ground. Zach and I went over about an hour early to claim our tables and decorate a little bit.
As the guests arrived, we had some games for the kids to play. The first game was a bean bag toss I found on Pinterest. My sister Lindsey has an insane amount of large, plastic mixing bowls and we put them to good use! (Thanks Linds!)
I set up a pyramid of cups and had the kids take turns throwing balls at the cups to see if they could knock them all down. We didn't get any pictures, but the game was a hit! I think any time you give a little boy a ball and tell him to throw it as hard as they can at something you're going to have a happy boy!
The last game I planned was the classic magnet fishing game. This one kept the smallest boys occupied for quite some time. There was so much concentration (I just love Isaac's face in the pictures!) and lots of cheers whenever any one caught a fish.
I was interested/nervous to see how hosting a party with a 2 and a half month old would go. It turns out I have the most amazing sisters/sister in law and I was only on Camden duty when he got hungry toward the end of the party. In case you didn't know, Zach's sister is the baby master. She was able to get Camden to sleep just about every time she picked him up all weekend. Thanks, Ky!
I was so happy we had the party at a time when Logan could be there. Ryan and Logan are self proclaimed "best friends" and they were connected at the hip the whole afternoon. I also love that they are glasses twins now. Way. too. cute.
After games, we had dinner. Zach manned the grill and made some delicious burgers for everyone. I kept the menu simple and just served burgers, chips and watermelon with Crystal Light or Diet Coke to drink. We had the perfect amount of food. We finished every last burger and only came home with a few extra chips!
Wild times at the kids' table. The Smiths let us use their little picnic table so there was enough seating for all the kids. It was pure chaos.
With full bellies, it was a perfect time to play at the park. The kids played on the slides and swings. We pulled out some soccer balls and Anne provided the best entertainment for the boys. She is the greatest Aunt to a bunch of boys. We just love her!
It wasn't too long before Ryan was ready for cake. We all reconvened at the table and sang Ryan the loudest rendition of "Happy Birthday" I have ever heard.
After struggling to get the candles to stay lit in the wind, it took Ryan three blows to get them all out after the song. Brady pitched in for the last blow. I love his face in the pictures. There is something so magical to kids about birthday cakes. It's so fun.
| Ryan's best friend, Tucker. These two boys are the cutest little buddies. |
| Maddox is just about the cutest little cake eater I have ever seen! |
After cake, Ryan was ready to jump right into presents. He got some really fun toys. Everyone knows Ryan well and he is now well stocked in everything super hero. Brady is pretty excited about the new toys too.
Rick helped out with Camden and all the kids a lot too. I have to say I won the lottery when it comes to in laws. Rick is just amazing with my boys, Camden is no exception.
For the grand finale we pulled out the stomp rocket. Boys love the stomp rocket and Kylene kept everyone on track with taking turns.
![]() |
| Action shot! |
I have to give credit to Lindsey for all these great pictures. She was nice enough to be our party photographer and capture all these precious memories. I'm pretty sure she should just be our life photographer. I always forget to take pictures and when I do they never turn out as beautiful as hers. Thank you so much Lindsey!
I think Ryan ended up having a great time. Mission accomplished. It was so fun to spend the whole afternoon with our friends and family. We are so lucky to have such special people in our lives!
I feel especially lucky to call this sweet little 5 year old mine! He's the best!
Happy 5th birthday Ry guy! We love you!














3 comments:
Too fun :) I can't get over how dark Camden is! lol he's as dark as Ryan is fair! What a cute family!! Happy birthday Ryan!
What a fun birthday party! :) You are so impressive. Those games looked like so much fun.
It's funny that you wrote that your sister took the pictures, because as I was looking at them, I was thinking to myself, "wow. I thought she said she never remembered to take pictures and her camera was like broken, but these look amazing!" :)
Loved the words as well as the pics!!! hahahaha
Post a Comment