Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Closed.

After a roller coaster of offers, counter offers, going under contract, coming back on the market, new offers, new counter offers, square footage discrepancies, two conflicting appraisals, more new offers and new counter offers- we finally closed on this house yesterday. 


We are exhausted from the back and forth, but super excited now that it's all said and done. I have yet to pack a single box since we weren't sure the deal would go through until last Friday (and given our track record, I didn't believe it would go through until yesterday at 5pm when the realtor handed over the keys.)

When I think about packing and cleaning and moving again it makes me want to crawl into a hole and take a nap. Wake me when it's over please.

This new house will be much closer to Zach's work, is in an actual development with a neighborhood park, has great schools for Ryan and is super close to the canyon where we hope to hike and fish and explore. It will be worth it and so fun. But, oh! the packing. Here we go again!

Staaaaarting... NOW!


6 comments:

Holly said...

Yay Yay Yay!!!! (except sad that you're moving farther away from us...) SO happy for you guys!!!

Mimi Collett said...

I have heard tidbits about it from the Bellows, and it sounded crazy! I am glad it worked out for you to get the house! (I feel kind of bad for the sellers, since I assume they had no idea the square footage was wrong. Can you imagine that surprise?!)

Good luck with packing. Bleah.

I am way happy for you though!! :)

Empty Nester said...

I am sure you will make packing a "super hero" event for the boys. Pam's been telling me about it all and I even looked at the house on-line. I agree, you will certainly love it when it's over!!!!

Mom & Dad said...

I can not say it is a fun activity but the end result will be great!! You can do it!! Get ready, set, pack that first box NOW!

Jodi said...

Congratulations! The house looks wonderful. SO excited for you guys.

Jessica said...

congrats on the new house!!! That is so exciting, not the packing/unpacking part ;) But what a pretty home! Good luck