Every few weeks Zach takes on a new cooking project. In April he decided to tackle donuts. He made donuts just about every weekend. It was awesome.
Camden got to the point where he could walk pretty well with a walker. It was tricky with wood floors. Because there was hardly any traction, when he would push the train, the wheels would go so fast he couldn't keep up and he would fall. We quickly discovered that if Brady sat on the train it would slow it down enough that Camden could keep up. Both boys were thrilled with this discovery and new levels of sibling cuteness were reached.
Camden loved to be outside. We were waiting for Ryan to get home from school one day out on the front porch and Camden got interested in the balusters. He kept trying to fit his head through the opening. It was the funniest thing. I guess whoever made the building codes knew what they were talking about because, no matter how hard he tried, his big baby head wouldn't fit.
These two were pros in no time. Brady loved getting a ride and Camden loved to push him! I have a picture of Brady pushing Ryan on another little push toy we have. If I were better organized I would post it here, but I have no idea where it would be. I think it might be on the sidebar. Go ahead, check it out! ------>>>>
April started our "sports saturated" weeks. Ryan was in t-ball and soccer and Brady was in soccer. There were some weeks where we had games 4 times a week and sometimes the boys' games even overlapped. It as a crazy 6 or 7 weeks.
Camden discovered a love for swings. Now whenever we go to the park he goes straight for the swings and whines until you plop him in one. It really works out nicely because as long as he's in the swing, I know he's not getting into trouble and he's not old enough to be demanding about me pushing him. It's a beautiful phase right now when the swings are my ally and not my enemy. It's only a matter of time...
Ryan went to his first "friend that is a girl"s birthday party. It was on a busy Saturday and I was bustling around trying to get ready to go. When I realized I hadn't seen Ryan for a while, I called out for him. I heard the sweetest little voice coming from the bathroom say, "I'm here, just getting my hair done." He had never taken the initiative to do his own hair before. It was adorable. I mean it looked ridiculous. So. much. gel. But it was perfect all at the same time.
Easter came! It was fun
I really wanted to get a picture of our family on Easter, but I felt bad asking someone to come over before church when they would be trying to get their own family ready and then we were all changed out of church clothes at lightning speed after church. So all I got was a picture of the boys in their Easter best. I think it turned out great.
We went to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point one evening. It was better than I expected and the kids actually loved it! I got some really pretty pictures while we were there.
My mom and dad came into town at the end of the month. I love when they visit. I get so excited when they come. We went to Cabelas one rainy morning and had a lot of fun!
We fed the fish.
Camden started walking more consistently after they arrived. When they got here he was taking 2, maybe 3, steps at a time and then launching himself onto the ground or to whoever he was walking to. After one day with my mom he was a walking pro. It's so fun to watch a baby figure out how to walk. He was so proud of himself!
We did the shooting range. A couple of the machines ate our coins. When my mom went to ask a worker about it she said that a few of the machines were broken and handed her a handful of tokens. The boys were in heaven shooting as much as they wanted to. We followed it up with ice cream in the food court. Yea, we love it when Grandma Jodi comes to town!
The purpose of my parents' trip out here was my little sister Lindsey's graduation from BYU! It was so fun to be able to go and watch her graduate. What a great accomplishment. It's been so fun to share the majority of her college years with her here in Utah. She has become one of my very best friends.
![]() |
| Camden has loved Lindsey from day 1. They have a special bond. They're both March babies, you know. |
![]() |
| Sisters! We are so lucky to have each other and to live so close! I know it won't always be this way, but I love it! |
The day before my dad had to fly home to Virginia for work (my mom stayed out an additional week or so), we went to the new Aquarium in Draper. It was really cool. I had to get back for Ryan to go to school, so we tried to arrive right when it opened so we could get the most out of our visit. I was glad we got there when we did because it wasn't very crowded at all when we walked though. By the time we finished lunch and were on our way out, however, it looked a lot more crowded.
Brady and Ryan walked across this net bridge they have over one of the aquariums. Brady loved it. Ryan did it once and had had enough. His face looked terrified in all my pictures.
It was a really fun morning and we got free bounce back tickets to go again this summer some time. I'm excited to go back!
There is an aquarium tunnel with sharks and sea turtles that was awesome.
And my dad was there too.
*Written on June 26, 2014























3 comments:
The pictures of Camden pushing Brady are SO adorable. And I scrolled through your sidebar & found the picture of Brady pushing Ryan! So cute!!! And I can't get over the cuteness of Ryan doing his own hair for the birthday party--I don't think Tucker has ever even thought about his hair. Ever. I am loving these posts!
Such fun memories. I love visiting with your family. It just makes me happy. Love you all!
Congratulations Lindsay! And I am trying really hard to not be jealous of how close you live to your sisters. :) Brady and Camden's arrangement of the train toy is super cute. I LOVE it when kids will play together happily instead of fight over the same things. That aquarium looked really cool. And awww Ryan with all the hair gel is super cute.
Post a Comment