Thursday, March 13, 2014

Camden's First Birthday!

On March 13th this little bundle turned one! 

One year ago...
Camden didn't know to be excited on his birthday. It was his first birthday after all. His older brothers, however, were VERY excited and taught him how to react to all the attention he got. In the morning we opened the package from Aunt Suzy. The boys had a blast playing with the box. We put Camden inside and Brady pushed him all around the front room- one of the perks of having wood floors!



I bought Camden a helium balloon for his birthday. Ever since we went to Walmart around Valentine's Day and he saw all the heart balloons, he's been obsessed. His reaction was spot on. He loved it. (Sadly, Ryan walked by the balloon at breakfast and brushed by with his fork and the balloon popped. It was short lived, but at least I got a picture!)


I invited my neighbors over for cupcakes in the evening. We love all our neighbors and it was fun to have them in on the celebration.


I didn't want to host everyone in the house and we'd been having good weather the past few days so I decided to do cupcakes on our back porch. We planned it later in the evening, after dinner and it was FREEZING and windy outside. We gobbled those cupcakes as quickly as we could.


The candle wouldn't light due to the wind. Luckily, the cupcake tastes just as good without a lit candle on top.



"What am I supposed to do with this?"
We set up the kid's table and everyone enjoyed celebrating Camden's birthday. Our neighbors were so nice to come even though it was so, so cold!


Once Camden figured out what you were supposed to do with the cupcake, it was all over. He ate every last crumb.


The blue frosting was intense. Brady's blue smile was impressive.


These brothers are buddies and it makes my heart happy.


After cupcakes we went inside for presents! Camden was spoiled by our family near and far.


Here is the cute outfit Aunt Suzy sent.


She also sent a cute car carrier toy. The older boys enjoyed the presents right along with the birthday boy.


Grandma Jodi sent Camden a fun ball toy. It was a definite favorite.


Grammy Pam and Pops got him an adorable, soft penguin stuffed animal with a matching book.


This picture is one of my all time favorites. Camden loved it. And I meant LOVED it! Look at that face!



As I mentioned earlier, Pops spent the day with us. It was so fun to have him here. We are enjoying having Zach's parents close enough to be involved in fun family events like birthdays and family dinners and such.


The Sunday after Camden's birthday we had my sisters and Rick over for dinner. They weren't around for his actual birthday, so we did a cupcake do over. Camden was happy to oblige. It was nice to actually be able to light his candle and not be freezing while we ate the cupcakes this time.


Happy birthday Camden! We are so blessed to have you in our family!

*Written on June 22, 2014

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Camden! I can't believe how fast this year went!!!

Mimi Collett said...

Two cupcake parties sounds pretty awesome to me! And first birthdays are so fun how the older kids get more into it. Did Camden have a lot of "help" opening his presents? :)