Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 2014 contd.

January was cold, but we tried to get outside as much as we could. Camden was very content to bundle up, look adorable and watch the boys play from the stroller. 


We had several snow storms, but the snow melted between each one. When the snow had melted just about everywhere else, there was still snow in our neighbor's side yard. One of the boys' favorite activities before lunch was to take their little snowmobile sled out to the patch of snow and pull it in circles. I would pull them for as long as I could (it was hard work!) and then go in to make lunch and they would take turns pulling each other.


Our lovely snowman from the last post melted as all snowmen eventually do. His face was laying on the grass one day and Ryan and I decided to give it new life. At first we gave him a smile, but then we thought it would be more realistic to give him a frown. I love that even when Ryan is trying to look sad he looks completely cheerful. He is such a happy kid. I love it!


Camden was minding his own business playing with his walker when the other boys started cracking up. I walked over to see what all the laughter was about to find a cheerio stuck to Camden's bum. 


My sisters came to the Midway Ice Castles with us. We had never been before and they were beautiful! It was definitely cold and they kept the ground really slushy, so I was happy that we wore our boots, but by the time we left our feet were freezing cold. Lindsey blogs about it here. (Psssst. She's much funnier than I am) 


Camden was bundled up and staying in the front pack the whole time and didn't complain once while we were there. I love his cheesy smile in this pictures. 
It's been so fun to have my sisters in Utah with me. Every time we do things together I wonder why we don't do more things together.
One night Camden was up a little past his bedtime. I was sitting on the ground when he came and sat down and cuddled into my leg. Melted my heart.


Ryan got Martin Luther King Day off of school. The boys pulled every pillow from the whole house and brought all their blankets downstairs and watched a movie. They loved it! It was like a giant slumber party and a great break from our normal schedule.


Camden continued to get cheerios stuck in funny places. Never a dull moment with a baby around!


In honor of our trip to the Rose Bowl earlier in the month, Pam outfitted the boys in MSU gear. They were so excited when the package arrived. They had been practicing their "Go Green! Go White!" cheer and felt all the more official doing the cheer in their new Michigan State shirts.


Our friend, Curt, gave the boys his old Mario Kart N64 game. It was a big day in our house. Ryan and Brady loved it. I grew up playing this game and it was so fun to see my kids like it so much.


Camden had his first haircut in January. It was growing past his ears and I was getting a few too many, "She's so cute" comments when we were out in public.


I gave him his first lollipop and that seemed to do the trick! He stayed pretty still and I liked how the haircut turned out. It's always a little sad to give my babies their first haircut. He definitely lost his baby look and looked more like a boy after the hair cut.

Zach's goal for the basement was to watch the Super Bowl in the theater in the basement. It was quite the incentive because he got it done. It was really exciting to watch it all come together.

The night before carpet. 
The theater. I love the lighting!
The morning before the carpet came in I let the boys ride their bikes in the basement. They loved it. 
The day the carpet came in felt like Christmas! It really pulled everything together and finished it off. We love having the basement finished. 
The toy room. The kids love the under stair super hero fort. 
One night I got Camden all ready for bed only to find his little toes sticking out of the bottom of his pajamas. Looks like it was time to go up a size! I guess that's what happens when you are wearing hand me down hand me downs. That's life as the third brother for you! 



The boys loved having hot chocolate in the morning. One morning I put it in styrofoam cups and they drank it sitting on the front porch. How is Brady's adorableness even allowed? He is seriously the cutest. 




And that was January 2014!

*Written on June 18, 2014

No comments: