Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Living Planet Aquarium

Back in April when my mom and dad were visiting they took us to the new Living Planet Aquarium in Draper. When we bought our tickets, we were happy to find out that they came with free bounce-back tickets! The tickets expire at the end of August so we knew we had to use them this summer. Our good friends, the Poultons, have a family membership at the aquarium and since Brittany is literally days away from having her 4th child we thought we'd better use those passes sooner than later! There's not time like the present, so Brittany and I took the kids to the aquarium today. 

It was a lot of fun! When school was still in session, Brittany and I would meet up at "Jump On It" once a week- so the kids got used to seeing each other at least once a week. (And I got used to visiting with Brittany!) Since school has been out we haven't seen each other as much. So, as you can imagine, the boys were super excited to see Chantilly, Maddox and Travis today! 


We spent a long time watching the penguins. They were really active today and it was so cool to watch them swim through the underwater windows. They look like they are flying through the water!


The Orca playground was still under construction the last time we were there. The kids had to stop and play on them every time we passed by.


I was impressed at how well the kids all stayed together. Brittany was a genius and put her kids all in matching colors so, even when it got crowded, we could spot our kids in the crowd.


Ryan was much braver at the rope bridge this time around. All the kids went across twice. They loved it!




These two. They are the cutest little buddies. It is so fun to think they've known each other since birth! (Where has the time gone?!)


And just for fun here they are when Chantilly was only a day old! (Dec 2008) 


Camden walked the majority of the time, but it was nice to have the stroller at the end when he was tired and hungry and cranky.


We ended the day with a picnic lunch we packed from home. The kids were all very hungry by the time we walked through the whole aquarium, so I was happy I thought to bring a lunch. We had a much more pleasant ride home with full bellies than we would have had otherwise.

Brady insisted that he didn't need a nap (sound familiar?) and that he just wanted to do quiet time. This is how I found him when we arrived home.


Chantilly and Maddox were in California when Ryan had his birthday so they brought him a gift to open in the parking lot. Ryan was thrilled to find a Ninjago Lego set under the wrapper and it was one he doesn't have! (A miracle!) He was excited to go home and build his new set during quiet time- he spent all afternoon on it and finished it right before dinner.


You know it was a successful morning when this is your view in the rearview mirror upon pulling into the driveway.


I wish I could say that I enjoyed nice, long naps out of these two but they both woke up when I tried to move them to their beds and never went back down. Let's just say we had a loooong afternoon. Hopefully it will be an easy bedtime tonight. :)

1 comment:

Mimi Collett said...

aww that picture of baby Ryan and Chantilly was cute. :)

That aquarium looks like such a fun place! That is really cool that you both make time to see each other so often.

The rope bridge looks like something the kids would really enjoy.

I kind of hate it when they fall asleep in the car in the late afternoon. Danny wakes up really badly from them. It is like his body thought he was already asleep for the night.