Ryan's teacher put together an end-of-the-year program for the parents. It was so fun to watch Ryan with his classmates. They sang some songs and then we watched a slide show of pictures the teacher had taken throughout the year. After the presentation, all the parents went back to the classroom and got to look at all the ABC books the kids put together for their final project.
My mom was still in town so she stayed home with Camden while he napped and me and Brady met Zach at the school to watch Ryan. We really enjoyed it. Right after the program we rushed off to pick up Camden and my mom and went to the dollar theater in Pleasant Grove to watch the Lego Movie.
One night we went up the canyon with my mom and Lindsey and Rick. The boys did some fishing and we roasted hot dogs and had s'mores. Lindsey got some great pictures and covered it all on her blog. I told Lindsey I should just start doing everything with her and she can be my family historian.
As a fundraiser, Ryan's school had a fun run. They hyped the kids up about it- showing them all the prizes they could get depending on how much money per lap they raised. The goal was to get $1 a lap, so rather than bother anyone about it, I just pledged the $1 my self. Ryan did great! He ran every lap and even did a few extra (great for him! ...not for my wallet). The two younger boys and I came to cheer him on. It was so fun to watch him run his little heart out.
On my calendar I had Ryan's last soccer game as the first weekend in May. So we made a big deal about it being his last game and all came to cheer him on. Apparently he works really well under pressure because he scored his first (and last) goal of the season! He was so excited. It wasn't until a few days later that my friend informed me that the boys' last game was actually the next week. I guess there was a second page on the attachment that had the schedule. Oh well!
We hosted a Mother's Day dinner at our house for my mom, my grandma and my sisters. It was so great to have them all at my house. The boys and I made little mugs for each of them. I asked the boys to each tell me one reason why (my mom, grandma and my sisters) are awesome. Then I used Sharpie markers to write on a ceramic mug. I love how they turned out... before I baked them. For some reason when I baked them the colors all got dull and faded a ton. I'm glad I took a picture before I ruined them. Haha.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my grandma. She and Camden had some good bonding time at our Mother's Day dinner.
My mom was so cute and brought me flowers for Mother's Day. (Seems a little backward, don't you think?) They were beautiful and they lasted forever. Thanks mom!
There was a pre-opening at the new Children's Museum at Thanksgiving Point in May. Zach's work has family passes available for check out, so he checked one out one night and decided to go see the museum. All the boys loved it so much that I went home and bought a family pass for us the very next day.
Whew! That was May! I am almost caught up! My goal was to be caught up by July 1st (woops!). I just have June left. We are in St. George for the week- so I will do my best to get caught up by the end of our trip! Both the littlest boys are napping so I will see what I can do. Here we go!
Written on July 2, 2014













3 comments:
Those Mother's Day mugs are adorable & such a good idea. And I LOVE all the pictures of you & your mom & sisters, etc on Mother's Day! You all are so beautiful & look so good together!
Your blog productivity is making me very happy! I love reading about all your family's happenings. So fun to be a part of some of your adventures! Keep going…I am loving it.
It is possible that I called Camden Connor in one of my comments. If so, sorry! :) Those mugs are so cool! What a great idea. Why did you bake them? Were they unfinished or something?
Post a Comment