September 12th was on a Friday this year. We had birthday pancakes in Brady's honor- complete with sprinkles and a lit candle. We even relit and blew out the candle a few times because, why not?
I was pretty nervous about sending Brady to preschool. The drop off drama was in full swing and I just didn't want his birthday to go down like that. Luckily, I was in charge of coming in and giving him a short spot light at the end of the day so that was a good incentive for him to go, knowing that I would be coming back before preschool was even over.
I brought in a few pictures and items that told about Brady and got to read a special book that Brady picked out. He chose a Spiderman book and his class actually loved it.
![]() |
| He was starting to act shy again when his teacher tried to take a picture of us together. Poor guy. |
After Zach got home from work, we had Brady's favorite meal- breakfast for dinner. I made french toast, scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon and some fruit. We opened presents after dinner and Brady once again solicited help from anyone who wanted to open his presents with him. Ryan was more than happy to lend a hand (and a head while he wore Brady's preschool crown that he refused to wear once we got home.)
![]() |
| Grandma Jodi wins for coolest present. Check out that knight costume! |
Ryan was the only one brave enough to stand next to this larger than life minion. Brady and Camden were cowering behind my legs as I took this picture. It actually ended up being pretty cold and we were grateful to have some good blankets to keep us warm (and those extra t-shirts!). Grandma Jodi came along with us and it was fun to have her in on the festivities as well.
It ended up being a great day and a special one for Brady. He is such a great addition to our family. He is an admiring and fun loving little brother and a caring and protective big brother. He is funny and kind hearted. He challenges me in ways I never expected to be challenged as a mother and someday I'm sure I will be grateful for that ;) . We sure do love him though!
Happy Birthday Brady man!








1 comment:
Adobe sounds like such a cool company to work for.
I love breakfast for dinner. You're my kind of guy, Brady. :)
I am glad he had so much fun at preschool that day!
Post a Comment