On August 19th Ryan started first grade. Read that, "All-Day-Totally-Legit-I-Can-Remember-When-I-Was-In-First-Grade" first grade. Just like every other year, I was much more nervous about the whole thing than he was- but surprisingly less anxious than in years past. I knew he could do it. I knew he'd be good at it. And I knew that he would love it! And love it he has.
I walked him in on the first day of school. As I was leaving I turned around to snap a picture. Was he looking longingly after me as I walked away? Goodness no! He was engaged in conversation with the little boy across the table within .02 seconds of sitting down. That boy. I'll tell you what.
I'm really liking our tradition of taking a picture on the first day of school. He looks so spiffy and ready to take on the world. Also, holy handwriting Batman! He's writing like a real live person. It blows my mind.
I always come home from dropping him off for the first day of school and spend the next -insert a long amount of time here- looking at old pictures of him, updating Instagram (sorry Blog!), posting pictures on Facebook and missing my Ryan.
Just for fun, here is a collage of his "first day" pictures so far. It's so fun to see how much he changes from year to year! (I guess for consistency's sake he should have been wearing his backpack this year. Oh well!)
So as I was slipping into a mild depression over the fact that summer was over and school was once again pushing it's way into my life and ruining everything that was ever awesome about living, Brady and Camden were having the time of their lives raiding Ryan's Legos and playing to their little hearts' content. You gotta look for the silver lining in situations like this, I suppose.


1 comment:
Ha. Brady's and Camden's happy faces are AWESOME. :)
And that is cool that you have those pictures to compare.
Jill's kindergarten is full day. It has been an adjustment (for me). She loves it.
Post a Comment