Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Family Pictures 2014

Lindsey was kind enough to take our family pictures this year. For the past two years I have put it off and ended up with last minute pictures in front of the Christmas tree. It was fun to put a little more thought and effort into them this year and I love how they turned out! 


We were a little late for capturing the beautiful Autumn leaves on the trees but, it turns out, they are still beautiful on the ground!


We waited until after Camden's nap, hoping he would be in a good picture taking mood. He was not. He really wanted nothing to do with it (there was a playground just beyond the trees in the background). So he gave us his obligatory, "I don't want to do this", "Are we done yet?", cheesiest smile- complete with the nose scrunch. That little twerp!


Camden was not cooperative enough for us to get a good shot of all three boys together so we moved on without him, taking a couple shots of just Ryan and Brady. The one above is one of my most favorite pictures of the whole shoot! These two little guys are such good buddies and it just warms my little mother heart to see them together like this.




Notice the scrunch.
I'm glad Lindsey convinced us to get a couple shot with just Zach and I. I really like how they turned out and it was fun to be able to take a picture and not worry about what the kids were doing. 



The boys only lasted a grand total of about 15 minutes. Lindsey is a miracle worker and got quite a few shots into that amount of time. This was my last ditch effort to get one more shot on our way out after the kids played at the park for a few minutes. Camden made it very clear that he had had enough.


And just for fun, here are a couple that didn't make the cut:


This one because LOOK:


This is quite possibly the ugliest picture of Camden in existence. But he is the cutest ugly baby I've ever seen.

We managed to trick Camden into giving us his genuine, happy smile for one picture! Unfortunately, the trick didn't work on Zach.


It was a little windy while we were taking pictures. It was coming at just the right angle to give Ryan this awesome hair-do which resulted in the most adorable smile I have ever seen in my whole life. You can't fake a smile like that!


This was Zach and I's attempt at a darling couples shot. There's a reason we don't try things- like taking family pictures- on our own. Lindsey immediately put the kabosh on this pose but I'm thinking it has potential...

3 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

Most darling couple ever. That's a fantastic pose!

And I love Ryan's windswept hair.

What great pictures. :)

Holly said...

I love these! And I especially love that you included the "outtakes"--those are my favorites. :) You all look great (you look GORGEOUS!), and Lindsey did such a good job!!

Lindsey said...

The close up on Camden's face made me audibly snort and unsuccessfully stifle uncontrollable laughter. At work. AT. WORK.