There is an annex of the Air and Space Museum just five minutes away from my parents house. It is a big hangar filled with awesome airplanes and helicopters and even a space ship! It's basically little boy heaven with ramps. Did I mention the ramps? There are ramps everywhere.
Since it is part of the Smithsonian, the museum is free. Parking, however, is not. Except if you come after 4pm! Which is what we did. Twice. :)
With it being after 4pm and right around dinner time Camden was less than stellar on our first trip to the museum. At one point he refused to walk and instead insisted on crawling, army man style across the floor. Zach came up behind him at one point and grabbed his jacket and carried him up the stairs like a briefcase. It was down right comical and it was also Camden's preferred mode of transportation for the rest of the evening.
During our first visit it was pretty crowded and we didn't get a chance to go up to the air traffic control tower. Ryan really wanted to go (that's actually where we were during the freak earthquake that Virginia got a few summers ago- to this day Ryan remembers it. He was sure a plane had landed on the roof and that's why the ground was shaking.) During our second trip we were able to go up and watch a few planes take off and land at Dulles International Airport just a few miles away. It was awesome and so fun. And there were no crowds. It was just us and another little family.
On our second trip back we decided to sneak in a family picture. No regrets. Except for my haircut. I regret that on a daily basis. Blech!



2 comments:
I laughed out loud at the picture of Zach carrying Camden. I also loved your title - AKA the better Air and Space Museum. Truer words were never spoken! I'm glad you guys got to go twice!
Oh goodness. I can totally imagine Alice refusing to walk and insisting on crawling. It is such an independent, stubborn, unreasonable age sometimes!! Ha. The way Zach carried Camden around was pretty great.
And, I know it doesn't matter because what matters is what you think of your own hair, but I think it looks pretty cute. :)
Post a Comment