On Sunday evening we took a trip up to the Washington D.C. Temple. It was my temple growing up and the temple where Zach and I were married.
We arrived as the sun was going down and Zach got this sweet shot with his iPhone.
The lighting was kind of terrible for pictures but we tried to get some family shots anyway. Tried being the operative word.
One thing that piqued my interest was this new scaled model of the interior of the temple displayed in the Visitor's Center. Of course I didn't think to take a picture so I pulled this stock photo offline.
It was neat to see all the rooms and all the little details. I was really impressed. We hung around in the Visitor's Center while the sun went down and probably stayed a little too long. Just before we were about to go Brady slipped off a tall stool and hit his chin on a sharp corner of a table on his way down. He busted his chin open pretty deep. There was a nice senior missionary who got us a bandaid and gave the boys a piece of candy. It must have been a highlight because Brady still talks about it to this day. Having successfully shattered the reverent atmosphere in the Visitor's Center with Brady's dramatics we took that as our cue to leave.
The temple looks so pretty at night and Brady had all but recovered thanks to the missionary's magic candy so we took a detour on the way to the car to take a couple more pictures.
Like I mentioned before this was the temple that Zach and I were married in. I will be the first to tell you that our photographer left a lot to be desired. She was inexperienced and didn't really know what she was doing. She failed to get a picture of Zach and I with the whole temple in the background on our wedding day (seems like basic LDS wedding photography 101- but then again, she had no business being a wedding photographer in the first place) All of that drama was put to rest when Zach and I FINALLY got our picture in front of the temple... even if it was ten years later.





3 comments:
What a lovely couple you are! You could never tell nearly 10 years have past! So fun to look back, via your blog, on our visit to the temple.
Haha, the picture of you & Zach in front of the temple turned out perfectly! What a beautiful temple. And how awesome is that model of it in the Visitor's Center?! That temple has always been my favorite temple--and yet I've never even seen it in person. I'll just frame the picture of you & Zach with the temple, and hang it up on my wall. :)
Awww poor Brady. Thank goodness for senior missionaries and magic candy. :)
Yay for ten years!
My parents were married in the DC temple, too.
Post a Comment