Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 2015

One morning Brady made my heart so happy and decided to be Yoda all. morning. long. It was a Saturday and Ryan had a soccer game. Brady wore his Yoda costume to the game. It was awesome. 


Zach and I had our babysitting swap date early in May. Plan A was to go to the Aquarium. Zach's company has a corporate pass that we were hoping to be able to check out and use. When Zach went to check it out, however, it was gone. So much for plan A. In an effort to be flexible we decided that we would instead go see a movie. When we got to the theater there were only front row tickets available (I hate reserved seating at the movie theaters. I think it is stupid.) We were not about to pay money to watch a movie from the front row- so Plan B was out the window as well. Then we thought we would go hike Stewart Falls and maybe eat at Sundance. We drove up American Fork Canyon to the pass that takes you over to Sundance and it was still closed for the season. Blah! There goes Plan C! At this point we were running out of time. We decided to just park and walk up the closed road. It was a beautiful day and it was great to be able to talk uninterrupted. On the way back down I took this picture. The views in the canyon are breathtaking and even with Plan A, B and C being a bust this was one of my favorite dates yet!


Zach continues to make the most delicious chocolate chip cookies. See ya never goal weight! But really, we can't complain. They are sooo good.


Our friends, the Andersons, have had company staying with them all month so Brady has been a little lost during the day with no Fischer to play with. It's been hard on both us. We did work out a fun little routine on Tuesdays though. We drop Ryan off at school, head straight to the grocery store to get the week's groceries, drop the groceries off at home and swing by the Dinosaur museum just in time for Tales for Tots. They read a story and do a craft. Some weeks we would meet Zach for lunch after story time and on weeks where he couldn't meet up with us we would just go to the little ice cream shop at Thanksgiving Point for kiddie ice cream cones before heading home for lunch and naps. The kiddie ice cream cones are only 25 cents and anyone under 3 is free. We also get 10% off with our membership- so our total comes to 23 cents. Worth it! (Check out Camden's dinosaur face)


Mother's Day was in May. I spent one whole nap-time drawing this picture for my mom. I probably could have been busy doing a million other things that needed to be done but I really enjoyed taking the time to just draw. It reminded me that I really should make more time for myself to be creative.


My Mother's Day was great. The boys surprised me in bed with presents and Zach made a delicious breakfast. Zach cooked and did all the clean up all day. I sure am one lucky momma. I wanted to get a picture of me and the boys but it was a frantic rush out the door to church and then everyone changed out of their church clothes so fast after church that I never got a chance.

This next picture just cracks me up. We had just finished dinner and Ryan was on the couch deep in conversation on the toy phone. Camden had cozied right up to him and was finishing his corn on the cob while wearing one of the boys' baseball caps. I literally laugh out loud every time I zoom in on Camden's face.


Camden rediscovered the joy of pudding cups in May. He got it everywhere- all the way up between his eyes. I couldn't figure out how he had gotten himself so messy until I watched him take the pudding cup and try to drink out of it, tipping it until it touched his forehead.


Ryan's elementary school had a fun run. He was really excited for it and Camden and I got to go watch. (Brady was at school). He did really well and was definitely tired by the end. It took me a few laps before I got my phone out to take a picture and he was slowing down. Here is a shot I got before he saw me taking pictures.


As soon as he realized I was taking pictures though, he got reenergized and started sprinting. I love this next shot.


And after that he knew to look for me at every lap and gave me a thumbs up. I just adore this kid.


Brady's preschool had the kids make bracelets for their moms. Brady brought his home and gave me the card and said, "We also made this but I think I want to keep it." And he did.


There was a PTA event in conjunction with Ryan's fun run. There were pony rides and wagon rides and games and a food truck round up. Ryan got his face painted and we waited for a little while in line for some overpriced grilled cheese sandwiches before we realized we should just stop at McDonalds on the way home. Sorry PTA!


With the weather getting warmer we've had fun exploring the outdoor portion of the Children's Museum. I realized very quickly that this is going to be a very different summer as far as Camden is concerned. He goes everywhere the big boys go and can do pretty much anything they can do- almost giving me a heart attack in the process.



There has been a vacant department store building at the University Mall in Provo for the past several years. They finally decided to demolish it and put in a nice park. It's going to be part of a bigger project to build kind of a town square feel with residential options above retail space. They advertised the demolition of the old Mervyns building and we had nothing else going on that morning so we met our friends and watched as they tore the front of the building open. It was actually pretty cool to watch.


After the demolition we met our friends, the Smiths, at a park for a picnic lunch. Camden fell asleep on the way to the park so he spent the first few minutes asleep on the grass. He looked so peaceful.


Our rule on Sunday mornings is after you get ready for church you can play the WiiU until lunch. Brady loves the WiiU (a little too much if you ask me) and he was thrilled one Sunday morning to win first place on Mario Kart 8 all on his own! Look at that sweet face!


The school year is winding down and I couldn't be happier. I am so ready for summer and a new routine. One morning Ryan was dressed, fed and ready to go to school a little early. I was scrambling around trying to throw a lunch together and get the little boys dressed and fed when I saw this:

This one's a keeper!
We spent one morning playing in the backyard with friends. We even invited a little neighbor buddy over for Camden. He and Grant had a blast playing with some sand in the sand table. We just used some old sand from a neighbor's yard but it convinced me that I need to buy some sand for this summer. With water restrictions in full force this summer we are going to need to find some other fun outside options besides water. Now i just need to convince Camden to keep the sand in the table. His favorite game right now is to shovel it onto the grass.


These two little cuties win my heart. We spent one morning at the Children's Museum with friends and had a blast playing hide and seek in the hedge maze. Look at those cute little faces! I'm just excited to have Ryan join us on our adventures in just a few days!


3 comments:

Holly said...

That picture you drew for your mom is amazing--seriously!! Ryan's fun run pictures are the best. And I love that Brady kept your Mother's Day bracelet. :)

Empty Nester said...

You are so creative I agree you need to take time out for this. Your sweet boys are so adorable, and Camden has really changed since November.

Lindsey said...

I just found your little Mother's Day artwork at mom's today! It's BEAUTIFUL. I wish I had your creativity. That last picture of Brady and Camden in the bushes just melted my heart.