Wednesday's forecast called for more rain so we decided to spend the morning at the North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island. We've been going to this aquarium for years and it is always a highlight of beach week.
We got there just about a half hour after it opened and the parking lot was packed! It was busier than I had ever seen it. I guess we weren't the only ones who checked the forecast for the day. It was raining when we arrived and raining when we left so I think we made the right call.
They had a random dinosaur exhibit this summer. My brother's boys LOVE dinosaurs so it was pretty fun to watch them get excited and name all the dinosaurs we came across.
![]() |
| Ryan's scared face makes me smile #thosehandsthough |
We opted for a family picture in front of the T-rex head. Why I even attempted to do my hair that morning I will never know. I promise it looked good when we left the house. The rain killed it and I walked away looking like a wet dog. I probably could have done without a photo but... for the sake of family history and stuff blah, blah, blah.
The best part of the dinosaur exhibit was a little dino trail they set up out back. There were a handful of animatronic dinosaurs along a little walking trail. They moved and made noises and were actually really entertaining.
![]() |
| There's those hands again! |
It may not be a perfect picture, but it's a picture and I'm glad we have it.
Here are our Aquarium pictures from years past (to prove how imperative it was that we get that picture!) :
![]() |
| 2013 |
I can't find 2011, but I know it exists. Mom?
| 2009 |
![]() |
| 2007 |










2 comments:
I am loving reading these posts. Thanks for writing them. As for 2011, it might be the year we went to Emerald Isle?
Ryan's "scared" face & hands = so adorably awesome. And I'm still laughing about Brady putting his ninja turtle over his eye, haha!! Love the progressive group pictures in front of the aquarium--so fun to see how everyone changed! :)
Post a Comment