February 2016:
We knew with the new baby coming we would have to do some rearranging when it came to bedrooms. I was excited to "do" a nursery for this baby and since I was already in the DIY decorating mood I decided to "do" the big boy's room too. The plan was to move all three boys into the same room.
First up, paint:
| Before |
| After |
Up until this point Camden had been sleeping in the Lightning McQueen toddler bed. We sold that and reassembled the twin bed that we had from Ryan's mini crib when he was a newborn. I took Camden to Ross and let him pick out his own comforter and new sheets. He was pretty excited. The first night went great. The transition was a piece of cake.
I was pretty excited about doing the boys' initials by their beds. It's hard to share a room with siblings and I hoped the initials would give them some ownership to their room.
Ryan taped a bunch of papers on his wall in his old room so I gave him an upgrade and installed a bulletin board by his bed. I painted it white so it would blend in with the wall.
I found the large initial letters at Hobby Lobby and just spray painted them. I didn't want to give the room a theme that they would grow out of so I just coordinated the colors and left it at that.
______________________________
....(November 2016) Nine months into The Great Room Share and things are going fairly well. Camden gave us a run for our money there for a while. It was just too exciting to have the other kids in the same room as him while he was trying to fall asleep. It was too tempting to annoy Brady or turn on the lights or just generally be naughty. He would come out of his room several times after we put him down which he had never done when he had his own room. The younger boys still complain about Ryan's reading light keeping them awake at times, but most of the time they do pretty well. I think in my dream house I would have one more bedroom upstairs and I would just always have Camden in his own room. Eventually we may try to put Connor and Brady in the same room and give Camden the lower bunk (maybe with no one in his line of sight to annoy he will just go to sleep?) But we need to get Connor sleeping through the night before that can happen (and that's another post in and of itself)
1 comment:
The rooms look fantastic! I really like the bulletin board idea. I also like how their bedroom already looks like something they could sleep in as teenagers. You have such good taste.
Post a Comment