Yesterday was Pioneer Day and I didn't have to go to work! It was such a great day. I left early in the morning and drove to Salt Lake to spend the day with my grandma. My sister-in-law, Rachel, was running a marathon and we decided we wanted to go see her finish. Marathons blow my mind. I can not imagine running 10 miles straight, let alone 26.2! I can't believe that anyone can run for over four hours in a row. I do have to say, however, that I am happy living in disbelief. I have no desire to experience it for myself. For me, marathons are an enormous accomplishment that I am content in never achieving. The fact that I have now had two sister-in-laws and a father-in-law who have run marathons fulfills any need of marathon pride that I have in my life. I will always be there to cheer them on at the finish line, but it ends there for me. In the words of Chris, "I get bored driving 26.2 miles, I can't imagine running it!" Rachel and her sister Beth ran the marathon together and did an awesome job! They finished in their goal time and were running 'til the very end! Congratulations Rachel!!!!
Chris ran the last mile or so with Rach! She was still going strong 'til the end of the race!

Cute couple.

We matched!
After spending the rest of the afternoon with Chris, Rachel and grandma I went home to spend the evening with Zach (He had to work so he couldn't join me in Salt Lake). We went out to dinner and to a movie. It was just perfect!
With Pioneer Day over, I can now start my countdown for the beach! 24 days!
1 comment:
Yay for marathon fans--I'll keep running them if you keep coming! I'm so glad you and Gram came.
Those pictures turned out pretty well, too--are you going to post them on Facebook so I can get a copy?
24 days--I can't wait for my first Bailey Family Vacation!
Post a Comment