Yesterday reaffirmed the fact that I am and probably always will be a dork. Over time I have become more comfortable with this fact, but every now and then I even surprise myself with how dorky I truly am. Read on...Case #1: In the morning when I woke up it was raining. When I left the house to drive to campus with Zach I made sure to grab my lime green umbrella (thanks mom). When Zach dropped me off on campus it was drizzling, but don't worry, I was prepared. I put my umbrella up in all it's lime green glory and made my way across campus to work. About half way through my walk I looked around and there was not one other umbrella in sight. "Silly people," I thought, "didn't you look outside this morning and grab an umbrella on your way out the door?" Then I starting seeing people carrying their umbrellas... and it hit me! It was no longer raining! The other people with no umbrellas were not the fools, I was the fool! I tried as casually as I could to lower my umbrella and put it in my bag, but the damage had been done... how embarrassing!
Case #2: The rain had cleared up by lunch time and I decided to snag a table outside of the library to eat. It was a beautiful day and I was throughly enjoying my peaceful lunch when I noticed this cute little bird scavenging the tables for crumbs. It was just a little sparrow and I had packed way too many oyster crackers for one girl to consume so I crunched one between my fingers and scattered the crumbs on the ground. My plan worked! The cute little bird came over by my table and started eating the crumbs. Soon a few of his friends joined him and I crumbled another cracker for them to enjoy. By the end of lunch I was crumbling one oyster cracker for my little beaked buddies after each bite of my meal. As I got my things together and was ready to go I looked around and only then did I fully realize what I had done. There wasn't just one little cute bird by my table anymore, there was a full fledged flock of little sparrows having a feast of oyster crackers all around me. I was the crazy bird lady!!! I thought I had at least 30 years before that would happen to me! I quickly grabbed my belongings and made my way out of the picnic area without making eye contact with anyone.
Case #3: Zach and I went to WalMart last night and as we were walking in the front doors I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing an oversized Lions football T-shirt, my gray work slacks and some light brown Crocs! I looked like a prime candidate for "What Not To Wear". Luckily I didn't run into anyone I knew!
Today I am determined to keep my dork factor to a minimum. I made sure to wear my 'coolest' outfit and left my umbrella at home for good measure.
3 comments:
hahahah brooke i freaking love you. you really do make me smile and laugh out loud. don't feel bad though because i am a huge huge nerd. trust me. all music majors are. i do crazy stuff like that all the time. however...crocs? no no. child we MUST rid the world of these atrocious shoes. walmart outings are okay lol. just don't let it happen again - haha. jk
I miss you. I will blog soon, don't worry
I've just accepted that fact that i'm a dork. I think it's more fun to be a dork anyway. Think of how many people you made smile, just by being a dork...so nice of you. Welcome to the dork club...or the "cool" dork club as i like to call it.
I think the bird lady story is my fav. But don't worry, the Bird Lady was vindicated in Home Alone II: Lost in New York. You just need to find a stranded 10 yr old boy to save from crazy bandits. And those turtle dove Christmas ornaments.
Post a Comment