Throughout the year I try to be as festive as I can be. Whether it's hearts on my door for Valentine's day or a welcome sign with a sunshine on it over the summer months, I like to keep my door looking seasonally appropriate at all times. Last Halloween my neighbor, Michelle, and I made Halloweeny door decorations. They turned out so cute and I am excited to put up my little pumpkins every October. For Christmas my sister-in-law, Kristen, and I made Christmas wreaths. I had never made a wreath before and was actually very impressed with myself when mine turned out so well. I love putting it up every December along with my Christmas lights and other decorations. This year Halloween came and went and my pumpkin decoration stayed on my door. As we got further into November I realized that this would not do. Luckily for me, my neighbor was thinking the same thing about her adorable little ghost on her door.
Sooooooo last weekend Michelle and I went down to Roberts Crafts to remedy the situation. We were in luck too because all the fall decorations were 75% off! What a steal! Michelle ended up making this really cute wooden door hanging with fall leaves and the words, "give thanks" on it. I really should get a picture of it, it is adorable. I decided to try my luck with a wreath again. I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I'm happy with it and now I have something to dress up my door for the month of November! Yeah!
***I realize this post is neither funny or interesting, but I really just wanted to show off! And like Zach says, "I do what I want!"
3 comments:
Aww Brooke!!! I love your posts. You really did a great job with that wreath!!! How creative you are :)
So jealous!! I should attempt to make some like...crafty type things. PS- it's my dad's bday on Saturday and I have no idea what to get him! Ah! Men! So hard to shop for...
I wish I had a friend to make wreaths with :( I should just copy you and go into Roberts and see whta I find. I never do things like that, but I know I would love it. You made me miss Utah and VA, because Las Vegas breaks all rules when it comes to Fall. The leaves aren't changing at all and it isn't cozy one bit. I'm still wearing my short sleeves and a short skirt (not too short of course). I guess I'll be decorating with snowmen while it's 70 outside. haha.
Very cute wreath! I am impressed as usual with your artistic skills.
Post a Comment