Monday, December 31, 2007

And Baby Makes Three...

While most women all over the world are resolving to lose weight with the coming new year, I am planning on gaining a few pounds over the next few months.

In case you haven't heard, Zach and I are expecting! Our baby is due on June 10th and we are very excited!

I see it as no small coincidence that my belly has decided to pop the same week as Christmas break. Food has been plentiful, desserts delicious and treats have been far too tempting. It is a little disconcerting that our little baby only weighs 3.5 oz, yet I have gained almost 9 pounds! I try not to think about it too much.

We are really excited to find out what we are having. We have an appointment for an ultrasound on January 22nd and will find out then. (go vote on our new poll!) It would be really fun to have a little boy since Ky and Geoff are having a baby boy in February, but we have more girl names that we like and shopping for a little girl would be so much fun! We really can't lose!

***We have had a wonderful time in Virginia at home with our families for the holidays. Kylene and Geoff surprised everyone and came home for a few days and it has been so fun spending time with them and our parents. I will write more about our trip in a later post.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a happy 2008!!!

3 comments:

Rach said...

I'm excited to see your cute little belly! And we have some sad news for you...

Angela and Mike said...

Hooray! Mike told me a month or so ago, but I didn't want to mention anything until you posted it! I am SO excited, and a little jealous :) You have to post the second you find out if it's a boy or a girl! Have fun and do lots of shopping for baby clothes. Miss you!

Konfusion with a K said...

AHHH Brooke I really miss you. I'm glad that we got to hang out a bit and introduce to my man ;) We had a good time with you guys.

I miss you tons and I can't wait to hear what gender the baby is! So exciting and fun! Take care :)