I saw my visit as especially productive in that I finally got her little wiener dog to accept me. Since the beginning of time this little dog has hated me. If I am in the room he does not stop barking at me and over the summer when I am wearing sandals he will scurry over and bite my toes only to run away again and bark some more. I decided this time was going to be different and I knew just the way to win this little dog over: the whipped cream on top of my cheesecake. I put a little whipped cream on my finger and offered it up to the little monster; a very brave move on my part if you ask me. Luckily all he did was lick my fingers, not bite them off! After that brief interaction, I was in! No more barking, no more nipping and he even let me pet him... Success!Kathryn and I also ate dinner together with our men one night at Pei Wei. Kathryn has had a boyfriend for the past 7 months and this was the first time I got to meet him face to face! Proof that she wasn't making him up this whole time! (haha, just kidding K!) I was very impressed with the new boy and equally impressed at the deliciousness of the meal.
Some may wonder why I don't have a "cutesy best friend photo" to add to this post. I was actually wondering that myself until I started thinking about me and Kathryn's past. We never take any pictures when we are together. After senior year we spent a week down in Florida and didn't take a single picture. I'm thinking we probably have a grand total of 5 pictures together over the past 7 years of our friendship. We have virtually no physical proof for our posterity to show that we even knew each other, let alone that we were friends! I think the only explanation for our pictureless friendship is that we simply have too much fun when we are together to have time for pictures. As sweet as this sentiment is; I think this needs to change.
So Kathryn, here's to taking more pictures in 2008! I've gotta prove to my kids that I had more friends than just Zach and my mom somehow!
2 comments:
I'm glad you got to see Kathryn, although she may be fictional since you don't have any pictures together. JK...I love K! I'm also glad you won over the dog, very brave.
HAHAHAHAHA I LOVED this post. Hilarious. Yes, that stupid little dog finally warmed up to you ;)
I think about the picture thing too. Every single time that we are together, it's just the 2 of us, so it's harder to take pictures of both of us. There's always random strangers but let's be honest: AKWARD. I definitely agree with your taking more pictures in 2008!!! We shall succeed! :)
Hehehe - I'm also very glad that you FINALLY got to meet the love of my life! In the flesh! :)
Post a Comment