Yesterday we received a letter in the mail from Brooke's dad as we occasionally do, but this one contained information as to when he was reminiscing of the past things they had done when their kids were younger. As the strong Bailey family they are in the church, for a brief period, they had everyone write a paragraph about a subject and share it each day at family prayer. Each day they would change the subject and have a day to write a paragraph about the new subject. Here is the excerpt from Brooke's Dad's letter that I found hilarious: he is mentioning why he was reminded why they stopped writing these paragraphs...
"For example, here is a typical paragraph from Brooke. this one is on the topic of rodents:
Rodents are nice. Scruffy has chased one once or twice. I am cool. Cool. Cool. Cool. I am the best. Neato. My name is Brooke. I don't feel like writing Paragraphs.
The End"
As the letter goes on I come to find out I think this paragraph is a later one written then another one that is included by the letter as she must have had a lesson on how to properly spell Paragraph, here is the next paragraph that Brooke's Dad included:
"Here is another one on quicksand:
quicksand is very stupid.
THe End
Brooke P.S. I hate pairugrafs"
THe End
Brooke P.S. I hate pairugrafs"
I am glad she has developed her skill of not just spelling but writing a little more about random subjects so that we all have a little blogging entertainment from her.
5 comments:
haha, that is a funny story Zach. I love the things parents try to get us to do. Brooke was such a rebel. haha. Did you know that Brooklyn (sp?) is on my top 3 names if I ever have a baby girl? She'd probably go by Brooke :)
Oh my gosh!!! That is very funny... and sounds like something that I would have written. Haha way to go Brooke!
Zach! You finally blogged! I will tell you all about my embarrassing past if it means you will blog about it!
Just when I thought the paragraph about rodents couldn't get any better, Brooke used "Neato." As a complete sentence. Awesome.
Dad included some interesting Chris excerpts in his most recent letter to us as well.
Post a Comment