Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Zach and I had an incredibly exciting and romantic Valentine's Day! It consisted of me going to work, Zach going to class and an intramural basketball game to top off our 24 hours of love. Ok, ok so maybe our Valentine's Day was not as exciting as yours, but it did turn out to be a great day!

It all started at 6:21am when my Valentine's present woke me up. I heard an unfamiliar ring tone coming from the side of the bed. I fumbled around to stop it only to find it was coming from inside of a wrapped box. I opened the box and there it was! A brand new cell phone! I have had the same phone for going on 5 years. It had been acting up recently and I had been complaining about it.... a lot. It was such a great surprise! I'm so glad I have a husband who can take the initiative on those type of things. I'm sure if it were left up to me, I would still have the same phone ten years from now and the complaining would most certainly continue. Thanks Zach!

When I get presents for Zach I don't like to spring them all on him at once. I like to spread them out over the entire day. So on my way out to work I left him a Valentine with a note and some deliciousness in the form of M&Ms and chocolate donuts. At about 1:30pm we met for lunch and got Little Caesar's pizza. (Our first married Valentine's day Zach got me a heart shaped pizza for lunch and we ate it up on Y mountain. Now we just get a 5 dollar pizza and eat it standing in the kitchen, who says the magic fades from a relationship as time goes on?)

Aside from eating pizza, I also took this opportunity to give Zach his next present. Here is how it went down:

Zach got very excited about the size of the gift. Everyone knows bigger gifts are more exciting than tiny ones.
Not even taking time to sit down, he ripped right into the wrapping paper and opened the box to find a ...


brand new racket for racquetball!

I'm not quite sure what to make of his expression in this picture, is he confused? shocked? disappointed?

All my questions were immediately answered when I asked him to look at the camera for one more shot. Here is what I got:

I can only interpret this face to mean that he liked my gift. Score!

Sadly, lunch came to an end and it was back to work for me. After work, we went up to Alpine to look at a car we are thinking about buying. I will talk more about this if we actually end up buying it. We got home with just enough time for me to grab a sandwich and head out the door to Zach's intramural basketball game. It turned out to be a great game (other than a few ridiculous calls by the refs, but what do you expect?) and the boys won, making it a successful Valentine's Day for all involved... well I guess not for the team that lost, but it was great for our team!

At the end of the day I gave Zach my final present. Tickets to the UNLV vs. BYU basketball game this coming Satruday! He was excited, but already knew I got them so that kind of ruined it for me.

I spent the remainder of the evening working on the bumper pad for baby B and Zach watched TV on the couch.... sooooo romantic!

Y HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Y


4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, what a great day!

First of all, congrats on the phone. I, too, have had mine for 4 years...I don't know what I'll ever get a new one.

Secondly, tell Zach to be careful with the racquet...Mike got his face split open playing racquetball

Thirdly, we are in town and I want to see you. We are going to game too, so maybe we'll see you sometime then or before!

Happy v day

Rach said...

What a cute cookie. And what a cute racket, too.

Our Valentine's Day was me making 6 dozen heart-shaped cookies and Chris working until 9. But we're officially celebrating the holiday on Monday. Who needs to commemorate presidents, right?

Konfusion with a K said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys had a great day! That cookie looks delicious, as do those chocolate donuts and m&ms. MMMMM. Oh, and I just LOVE that red shirt! It's really cute :)

I like the hair! You scared me when you said "mom" haircut. It's really cute! The color is very nice too!!!


Yay!!!

Jake said...

Dude, I have that exact same racquet. Sweet.