With new technology around there is new etiquette and manners that need to be established... And I think it's time that I establish it right now.
Brooke and I often go to redbox or use those dumb self checkout machines at the grocery or Walmart. Obviously, some rules for these lines need to be laid since there is no employee on hand to control the crowds.
Redbox:

1. Whether there is one or two machines there is only one line for both. If you get to the front and decide you want the other machine then you politely allow the person in back of you to go ahead.
2. If you check one of the redbox machines and it doesn't have the movie you want, to the back of the line if you want to check the other! Sorry no cuts for both machines.
Insider tip: You can check to see if a redbox has the movie you want and even reserve it on www.redbox.com, just to help cut down on the browsing time when you go to pick it up.
3. If returning a movie, you can only cut and return it if it is offered to you. You don't just walk up to the front of the line and say "I just have to return these real quick."
(These are the ground rules, more may need to be added)
Self Checkout:
Walmart has their lines for self check out staggered so there is obviously one line for each machine, not two for both. This can get confusing cause at Smiths and Reams there is just a little gathering area with four machines each in the corners of the gathering area. In this case there is one line and you take the next available machine, like bank tellers when you go to the bank.Also important with self check out, NO CASH ALLOWED (this time I am yelling). It is just like those commercials for visa check cards, except that those machines always screw up for no reason, but we don't need to give them one by trying to feed them cash.
Thank you for your cooperation as I expect these rules to be followed by the general public from now on.
3 comments:
Very true. Redbox is quite popular in Provo so there TOTALLY needed to be rules set. Good thing you live there to set the rules. I hate when people take like 5 mins to pick a DVD. There should be a time limit also.
I like your rules. I've never had problems with manners at either machine but people are stupid and rude so I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.
AND YEAH THERE SHOULD BE A TIME LIMIT! Unless you're the ONLY person there... but seriously people. Check it out online first.
I refuse to go through the self checkout line at the grocery store. There's always some hang up...of course, I'm sure it's never operator error on my part :)
Post a Comment