Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring is here!

March 20th- The first day of Spring. Hip Hip Hooray! I am so happy that Spring is finally here. Today was beautiful. We had some rain this morning, but by noon the clouds had cleared and we were left with a sunny 40 degree day! (40 degrees may not sound very warm to some of you, but after the winter we just had I am seriously LOVING sunny 40 degree days!)

As we were leaving the apartment this morning Zach said, "Well, I think Spring is finally here." He didn't even know today was the official first day of Spring! Thats how awesome this season is!

Here are a few reasons I LOVE Spring:
  • Strawberries. After months of ridiculous prices, they finally start going on sale! They are 3 for $5 at Smiths this week! You bet I bought some and they were delicious!
  • Flip Flops. I absolutely love to wear sandals! When I was a teenager I would wear sandals all year round. I distinctly remember walking through the snow in sandals to go to church. In fact, now that I think about it, I bought my first pair of closed toe church shoes this past Christmas. I guess I'm growing up.
  • Playing outside. I can not wait to get out of our apartment. Even if it is just for a walk around the block. It is so liberating to be able to go outside without a coat and without the threat of freezing your face off!
  • Easter. Easter is early this year, but I am still excited for it. I love debuting my Spring dress at church and fondly remember Easter egg hunts in my backyard growing up. It's the best!
  • New clothes. I always end up buying some new clothes when it gets warm out, but this year should be especially fun since I need a whole new spring/summer wardrobe! I'm thinking Zach and I need to plan a trip to the outlets in Park City soon so that I can stock up on fun spring skirts, capris, shirts and shorts! Not to mention the new shoes I will need to accompany my new outfits!
  • Waking up to the sun. Gone are the days of waking up in the dark. In the Spring I get to wake up when the sun comes up! It's so refreshing!
  • The end of school. Zach will finish up his second to last semester this April. I am so excited for him to have a break from school this spring and summer! I also love how Provo clears out over the spring and summer. It is a whole different town with the students gone and I LOVE it!
I could go on and on about all the reasons I love Spring, but will keep this short.

Welcome, welcome Spring! Stay for as long as you would like!

Oh, and congratulations to everyone for making it through another winter!

Spring has finally sprung!

5 comments:

Konfusion with a K said...

ooo yay! gotta love new clothes and shoes!!!!

Amber Handy said...

A new spring wardrobe sounds wonderful...I think you have inspired me! And thanks for reminding me how wonderful spring is! Thank goodness winter is officially over - now let's hope for NO MORE SNOW!

Rach said...

The Park City outlets are definitely a great way to celebrate the season. Could I come with you guys? I need some new shoes.

Brooke said...

Rach you are always welcome. We could make a day out of it! :)

Angela and Mike said...

Spring is the best...except the allergies :( I hope it gets warmer than 40! Comes visit us in Vegas :) Did you do your shopping trip yet? I guess it's kinda hard when you are pregnant.

Miss you!