Tuesday, March 11, 2008

True Story.

Let me offer you a little glimpse into what I deal with every day. Here is a conversation that happened just this morning. True story.

Male Professor: "Good morning, how are you?"
Me: "Great, how are you?"
... no answer, he goes into his office.
MP comes out of office: "Brooke, how are you doing today really, are you okay?"
Me answering for the second time: "Yes, I am doing really great. Thanks!"
Old Woman Professor jumps in: "She's very pregnant."
I roll my eyes.
MP: "Well, you know what they say, pregnant women are the most beautiful in the world."
Me slightly creeped out: "Thank you, that's nice of you."
OWP: "Yea, from the neck up!"

I love my job.

6 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

oh wow. OWP has no social restraint.

Rach said...

That is creepy. What is about being pregnant that suddenly makes it acceptable for an old professor to tell a female coworker that is the most beautiful woman in the world? I don't think it does.

That reminds me of a crazy story I will have to tell you about creepy old men...

Angela and Mike said...

haha, that's funny. Man, people are weird. What are they thinking when they say things like that? Oh wow.

Empty Nester said...

Any chance you can share your "beauty" with those of us far away?? (I'm talking baby bump here!!!!)

Konfusion with a K said...

Um - Ima bout to fly out there and knock that bitter old hag out for a comment such as that! and, holy creepy comment batman!!! what is WRONG with these people?!?!?!?

HOW RUDE!!!!

Holly said...

That is so funny! Sorry--not funny that they said those things to you, but funny that they didn't think before speaking! I can't believe the things people say to you!