- Why You Should Quit Smoking
- Why Sleep is Important
- Exercises You Can Do at Your Desk!
- How to Manage Your Diabetes
Like I said, these newsletters show up on our desks about once a month and often provide us secretaries with lots interesting conversation, in addition to broadening our understanding of healthy practices in the workplace.
Today, we received June's issue of The Well Workplace. As I was browsing through the newsletter, I came across an article entitled, "When You Should Call 911." (pictured above) The article included a list of nine instances when you should call 911 immediately. I began to read the list and everything sounded about right. Number 1: Shortness of Breath, 2: Chest or Upper-Abdominal Pain or Pressure, 3. Possible Spinal or Neck Injury.... nothing really surprising. The list went on to include emergency situations like coughing up blood and disorientation. It wasn't until I reached #7 that I had to do a double-take and laugh out loud.
A feeling of impending doom? Really?
Well, according to the article:
"You should trust your instincts- if you feel a sense of impending doom, get emergency medical care right away- call 911!"
Turns out, there have been many instances in my life when I should have called 911 and failed to do so. Such instances include, but are not limited to:
- That one time when I cut all of my little sister's Barbie's hair down to stubble and heard my mom walking down the hall...
- When I opened my fourth grade teacher assignment and saw that I got Mrs. Bodie (aka Bodie the beast) ...
- Every morning before walking into Franklin Middle School...
- Numerous times in high school when I was driving home and realized it was after curfew...
- In college, when I was standing in line at the testing center waiting to take my Calculus final...
- Pretty much every time I see a certain faculty member's phone number pop up on my caller ID or when I see her walking toward my desk... dun, dun, dun.
9 comments:
haha, yes, definitely Franklin Middle School. What a terrible place. I will make sure to dial 911 next time I feel impending doom. haha.
Crying with laughter. Seriously. I think the first example was my fav. Never knew Mom Bailey could be the bearer of impending doom.
lol, which co-worker would be dumb enough to think they are obese? ;) that is great..impending doom. u should call and then show them the article. i haven't read your blog for awhile, it was great to read about zach morris...who is still cute by the way.
Hey Brooke! I really should read your blog more often, because it is always really funny when I do. I'm lovin' this last post! I'm so glad we got together last night.
You know Well Workplace isn't the only thing you are going to be missing from Teacher Ed. Really, we should be calling 911 every day we enter MCKB.
Impending Doom! I am laughing so hard. Thanks for the valuable info. I'll be calling 911 more often.
One more thought: "Impending Doom" sounds like a good name for a rock band. Do you think it's been used?
Shoot man! Impending doom! I should have called 911 like, all during my life! At least once a week or something!!! Hahah. Thank you for the post hon - it was awesome :)
So I thought Impending Doom would be a good band name too....so I googled it...already taken:
Impending Doom is a five-piece Christian death metal band from the Riverside/Corona area of California.
Sounds amazing....? not.
Post a Comment