Wednesday, June 4, 2008

39 weeks 1 day.

Well, it looks like the baby is VERY comfortable where he's at. We had a doctor's appointment today and there really is nothing to report; just that I am still pregnant and will most likely still be pregnant this time next week. Luckily, I have been feeling really good the past few days so another week shouldn't be too bad. My last day of work is this Friday (wahoo!) and then my mom comes in on Friday night. With the baby taking his sweet time, it will give me time to hang out with my mom and maybe get the apartment in some kind of order. Working 8+ hours a day leaves me drained at the end of the day and I have let the apartment get really messy over the past few weeks.

I think it is safe to say that Zach is more anxious for the baby to get here than I am. He came home late last night after playing basketball and instead of greeting me he just said, "No labor yet!?" He is just way too excited to have our little guy here!

We'll keep you updated, but things are looking pretty boring right now...

11 comments:

Holly said...

Brooke, you look so cute! I hope I can look as cute as you when I'm 39 weeks! Really, I'm not just saying that--you look great.

Well, if he is going to take his sweet time getting here, then I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure a few days of rest without work will be good for you, and it will feel good to be able to get your place in order before he comes. I'm so jealous that you're almost done with work! I have three months left, and it feels like forever!

Good luck with your last few days of pregnancy. We'll be checking the blog religiously in case he decides to come early...!

Rach said...

Cute shirt. And that's good that Zach is excited for little man. Do you guys have a name yet?

Abby said...

Brooke,
I had looked at your blog earlier today hoping to hear some news. I am glad you posted. Also, is that a chicco box behind you in the picture? What is it? We got a keyfit carseat and I wondered if you got the same thing. If so did you hear about the recall? It is just on the base and only if the thing was manufactured during a certain time. You can still use the seat without the base if you need it replaced....well anyway. You look fabulous. I hope that I can continue to work full time up until the very end! Tell Zach hi for me. I smiled when I read how he wondered if you were in labor yet. I can imagine Jonathan being the same way.

Angela and Mike said...

I heard that you ARE or WERE in labor last night...inside scoop from my mom who was with your mom. I hope everything went well. We were/are thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Sure... just go ahead and have the baby. Kristine is freaking out, this was not how it was supposed to go according to her plan. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Yay for babies (and getting out of work 2 days early)! I hope everything went well! I'll do my best to keep Kristine from calling you at the hospital :)

Empty Nester said...

I just heard that Baby Bellows is here. Leave it to you to leave a discouraging (no dilation, no effacing) doctor's appointment and then have your waters break!!! Congrats....I know you will be a terrific Mom. I can hardly wait to see pictures and hear name.

Konfusion with a K said...

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAD HIM? AH! I'm so confused!

Holly said...

I can't believe how fast things change! Not even 24 hours ago you were posting a pregnant picture, and now he's here! Curt just got the email with the pictures. CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is beautiful, and you look great! I'm glad things turned out okay, and I can't wait to hear more details! Congratulations again!

Konfusion with a K said...

YAY!!! COngratulations!! You and baby look great! I can't wait to meet the little guy! :)

ChrisBCrazy said...

That is an ironic post! Congratulations! He is sooooo CUTE!