WARNING: This is one of those dorky pregnancy update posts. I have tried to keep them few and far between, but when you have a whole other person growing inside of you, it tends to occupy most of your thoughts. So bear with me. k? Thanks!Well, things are winding down; perhaps faster than I am even ready for. We had our 37 week check up with the doctor yesterday. Everything looks and sounds perfect. The baby is doing great! The doctors tell us to expect a "bigger than average baby" (over 7.5lbs.). I guess I have Zach to thank for that because all the Bailey babies were tiny! It's okay though, I really don't care what size he is as long as he is healthy (and adorable).
At work I am trying to plan when my last day in the office will be. It's kind of an impossible task because I just don't know when this baby is going to get here! According to our doctor, about 80% of first time pregnancies go past their due date. Based on this information, I have told my office that my last day will be June 6th. This date will work out perfect for me because that will put my termination date after the 1st of July, which means we will be covered by my work insurance through the month of July. But like I said, I can't really plan on anything because the baby could come at any time.
As of yesterday, little junior is considered full term. This means that he could come any day from here on out and not be considered "early." Our estimated due date is June 10th. I have a feeling he may come sooner than that though. With him being so big, I would not be surprised if he decided to join us earlier than anticipated. At my 20 week ultrasound they measured my due date at June 9th. One day different. Not a big deal; until one day actually matters! A "bigger than average" baby with a shorter than average mom just does not seem like an equation for a past due pregnancy in my opinion.
This past week I have started feeling Braxton Hicks contractions and this morning I woke up and the right side of my back hurt. I'm trying not to read into any of it too much, but I feel differently than I have in past weeks. These all are probably normal pregnancy things that some women deal with for the entire last trimester, so I guess I should just be grateful that they haven't started until now for me.
In the past when people have asked me how I am feeling I tell them, "I feel just great!" And it wasn't a lie! I really have felt just great. My answer has since changed to "a little worse everyday." And that's not a lie either! I'm guessing I will continue to feel "a little worse everyday" until the baby comes. I can deal.
So until further notice, pray that little baby Bellows holds off until after June 6th!
P.S. I have been getting a lot of people telling me, "Isn't it just amazing what your body can do!?" (Obviously referring to ginormous belly.) For me I think the real amazing thing will be if my body can UNDO all its done. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one.
4 comments:
As someone who will be following in your footsteps at some point, I enjoy hearing your perspective on the final stages of your pregnancy. I almost said "the winding down" of your pregnancy, but that didn't seem right since the end is the pinnacle of the whole experience.
Good luck "undo-ing" all that's been done. haha. I love hearing the baby updates. I'm so excited for you, although it sounds very uncomfortable. I think that will be the hardest thing for me when I am pregnant, planning for the unplannable. You are doing great though! I hope your baby ends up being an average size :)
Don't apologize for doing a pregnancy update--I've been waiting anxiously for one! (I love reading about other peoples' experiences with pregnancy.) I'm glad the baby is healthy and big...we'll keep our fingers crossed that he's not TOO big though! Good luck with everything!
For your sake, I hope he comes earlier but not too early. My doc told me that Kiera would probably come early (a bad thing to tell a pregnant woman) because she was measuring big too, but as my due date approached and passed and she still wasn't here, the anticipation was crazy! It is so exciting to know that in just a few short weeks baby Bellows will finally be kicking on the outside (althought at times you'll wish you could put em back in)! Good luck with it all and don't forget your breathing techniques- haha!
Post a Comment