Thursday, June 26, 2008

Quick Update

My mom went home about a week ago; so it has just been me, Zach and Ryan for the past few days. We were sad to see mom leave, but it has been fun to get into a routine with just the three of us. Ryan is doing great. He had his two week check up last Thursday and he is already up to 8 lbs 7 oz and he grew 1.75 inches! No wonder he eats and sleeps so much!

Zach got a full time job a couple days before my mom left. It has been really hard to have him gone for 8 hours a day, but he is enjoying it so far. My days are pretty lonely when Ryan is sleeping, which he pretty much always is. I am trying to nap when he naps and stay busy other ways but I always seem to find myself watching TV with the baby asleep on my shoulder. It really makes me wonder how I can feel so tired when all I do all day is watch TV?! I decided I really want to start reading a good book. I just don't know of any. Any suggestions are more than welcome! (hint, hint)

Ryan and I try and make it out for a walk at least once a day. The heat makes it a little tough, but it is so nice to get out of the apartment for a while! Tomorrow afternoon we are going to walk up to my work to tie up a few loose ends and for my coworkers to finally meet Ryan. I am really looking forward to an excuse to get out and about!

We are excited for Zach's mom to come into town later this afternoon. His dad will come in on July 1st and my parents will be back for Ryan's blessing on the 6th. It will be nice to have company again, even if it is just for a few days.

Sorry for the boring post. As soon as my life picks up a little more, I promise I will have more interesting things to blog about!

And just to make sure this post isn't a complete waste of time... here are some more PICTURES!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is, of course, still so adorable! I am so excited to see you tomorrow, as is everyone else.

As far as books go...I really like John Grisham novels. They are just fun mystery/adventure. They can keep you occupied :)

Holly said...

What cute pictures! Thanks for the update--it definitely wasn't a boring post! I've been wondering what life is really like after the baby is born and the mom goes home...

That's exciting Zach got a job! Although Curt was a little bummed to find out that he can't work with him anymore. As for books, I'm sure you've heard about the "Twilight" series. I haven't read them yet because I've heard they are addicting and you can't put them down. I'm waiting until I'm in your position and have more time to read! That's the only suggestion I can think of right now.

Glad things are going well! We still want to come see you, but now that more family is coming in town we might need to wait a few more days. I'll have Curt call Zach!

Empty Nester said...

If you can go to the library, get something by katie fforde. They are set in England...modern and funny but easy to pick up and put down (always an essential with a baby). If you like chiller thrillers....have you ever tried the Lincoln Rhyme series by Jeffrey Deaver. Tell me what you've read in the past and I will do some recommending. marion, the libraian

Konfusion with a K said...

Cute pix!! Congratulations to the hubby hubs on his new job! :)

I've been re-reading Jane Eyre, and I just picked up Emma.. the Twilight series IS good -- and I had no idea it was like this huge thing.. my friend just recommended them to me out a few weeks ago. They're quite fantastic.

Those are the suggestions that I have at the moment.. I usually stick to the classics...

Angela and Mike said...

Thanks for the pictures :) It was great talking to you last week. He is getting bigger already! I bet that is lonely without Zach...if you haven't read the Twilight vampire books...you NEED to do so. That's what I would recommend. Have fun with family visiting in the next couple weeks :)

Ryan is so dang cute.

Ky said...

Brooke-- Ryan is SO adorable! I love all his features! I can't WAIT to see him and you and Zach tomorrow!

Jill said...

Of COURSE you are tired! You had surgery two weeks ago. You have a new baby. (A cute one.) Go ahead and keep napping. As much as possible!

Beth schell said...

Adorable. That's all.

Rach said...

Thanks for the pics! It was fun to see you guys today, albeit briefly. Sorry we had to eat and run...Chris is currently in bed trying to feel better.

As for book recommendations...I heard of the book "Let Their People Come" on the radio. It's one guy's take on immigration issues and the guest worker program in the U.S. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list and sounded intriguing. Does that reveal my nerdiness too much?