I have always said if I ever found myself in a position where I could watch TV guilt free (surgery, bed rest, being sick, etc.), I would get into the show 24. I started watching one of the seasons my sophomore year at BYU and it was addicting. I would spend hours and hours watching episode after episode. Papers were left unwritten, showers were skipped and meals were eaten in front of the TV. It was after that experience that I realized I was not cut out to be a 24 fan. I couldn't stop at just one episode. I couldn't understand how people kept up with the current season. How could you wait a whole week between episodes?!Well with a c-section to recover from and a low maintainance baby, life has finally presented me with a wonderful opportunity. It was meant to be. At our most recent trip to Costco, while browsing the media section looking for a good book to read, I noticed seasons of 24 at the end of the aisle. I didn't think anything of it at first, but then I saw the price. Only $19.99 for a whole season on DVD! That's 6 discs, 24 episodes for 20 bucks! What a steal. How could we not buy one?
Needless to say, we bought season one and it has been as addicting as it was 4 years ago. We watched eight episodes on Sunday and stayed up way too late. Last night we watched two more episodes. I don't see us being very productive for the next few days until we complete the season. But once we finish season one, we will probably go buy season two before the sale ends at Costco.
The only problem is that Zach is addicted now too, so I have to wait for him to get home from work before I can watch. Which leaves me right where I started; with nothing to do during the day.
I am planning on going to the library after Zach's mom goes home and checking out some of your great book recommendations! But I know that all I will really be doing while reading during the day is counting down the hours until I can get my next 24 fix...
5 comments:
haha, Mike and I loved these. We always watched the season within 4/5 days and stayed up WAY to late. Mike used to sneak in episodes when I was at class and pretend he DIDN'T watch them when we watched them together.
One time (when he had lied about already watching the episode), someone died and he goes "surprising right"...and I was like "wait, how did you know that would happen...you watched it WITHOUT ME."
he was in big trouble.
Enjoy!
ha ha ha todd and i TOTALLY got into those. i think we watched seasons 1-3 in like one week... so sad.
don't worry, though. the last two seasons were really lame so we didn't even watch them. there will be an end to the obsession.
i would also suggest my guilty pleasure-- newlyweds. you know, jessica simpson and nick lachey, now divorced? for some reason i love that show. i have all four seasons on DVD if you ever want to borrow them. :)
Haha. Yes, watching TV shows on DVD is completely addicting. I have gone through my share of obsessions through the years . . . let's see the first addiction was the first four seasons of Smallville, then all of the seasons of Alias. Then with the internet, I went crazy watching Smallville again (haha), Kyle XY, and Heroes. Good times. I don't smell as good when I'm in that mode though . . . ;)
I have lots of books for you to read! I need to remember to bring you over Twilight, so you can get started.
Hahaha that show IS SO ADDICTING. I remember a few summers ago when those security boys were out here and that's what we did. Watch 24, play games, watch movies. Yup.
Have fun at the library though! :)
That's how Chris and I were with Lost. We borrowed a season from a friend and quickly descended into addiction. Hopefully 24 provides more resolution, though. I still don't get what was with the polar bears.
Could I come with you on a library walk this week?
Post a Comment