Ryan's pediatrician recommends that babies get about 20 minutes of tummy time a day in order to avoid "flat head" and to strengthen the baby's neck muscles. Unfortunately for us, up until now, tummy time for Ryan has been more like torture time. Every time we would put him on his tummy he would put his face in his hands and just cry. It was not worth it. Needless to say, he has not been getting the recommended 20 minutes of tummy time on a daily basis.
This weekend we went to Ogden to see Kylene and Geoff's new house (beautiful!). The boys went golfing and Ky and I stayed home and talked babies. Kylene mentioned that using pillows during tummy time could help Ryan enjoy it a little more. Tonight we tried tummy time using the Boppy pillow and Ryan LOVED it! Great advice Ky! Thanks!
Here is Ryan during tummy time! What a happy little guy!



6 comments:
haha, I love how happy he is. I'm so glad tummy time went well! Good suggestion Ky. When I have my baby, I'll be the one asking you for advice!
Ryan looks so happy! We've tried that with Will and he still hates tummy time. I'm so glad it worked for you!
He is ADORABLE. And I bet Ky is happy she gave such good advice. Hope you are doing well in your recovery as well???
I am glad it worked for you!! Emma liked it and Cheyenne would just rool right off. Just to let you know boppy also make a tummy time mat that has toys on it and is a smaller boppy thing. Also boppy make a slip cover that has toys on it or you can attach toys to!!! Just wanted to let you know. Tami O.
Ryan is so cute! Congratulations on the tummy time success!
What a happy tummy timer!
Post a Comment