

After our "hike" we headed down to the Nevada SPCA (yea! like that Animal Cops show on Animal Planet!) to check out some of the dogs they had there. We aren't ready to adopt a dog quite yet, but we wanted to look at the facility and see the dogs they had there.
We were especially interested to see a one and a half year old rottweiler they had. She was a beautiful dog. All the dogs there had come from some pretty rough backgrounds, so a lot of them had trust issues and other special needs. Unfortunately, the rottweiler we liked had come from an abusive home. Children used to tease her and throw her into a swimming pool so she was very wary of children. We decided that we probably should just buy a puppy from a breeder for our first dog because a lot of the rescue dogs had problems with children and we will be a household with children for years to come.Ryan did great at the SPCA. A lot of the dogs were barking really loudly but Ryan didn't cry at all. He definitely didn't want me to put him down; he just looked around with wide eyes and even laughed at some of the smaller dogs. Even though we most likely won't rescue a dog for our first pet, I hope to someday go back and bring a dog home!
After the SPCA visit we headed to the Dodge/Chrysler dealership for Zach to test drive a truck he has been looking at online. I sent him on his own for the test drive and waited with Ryan in the car. Before I knew it, the test drive turned into us sitting across the desk from a car salesman talking about putting a deposit on this "dream" truck. It was all a little too much for me and as soon as the salesman gave us a minute to talk, we bolted for the door. We plan on getting Zach a truck soon, but definitely not before we close on our house. It was fun to go and dream a little bit today though!
We close on our house in 24 days! We are so excited to move in. We went and looked at some paint samples today and I think we found the perfect color! Now we just need to get some estimates from painters and our house will be all ready to move into!
3 comments:
What a wonderful day. :) I can picture you racing for the door at the dealership, hehe. I'm excited that you've found a color of paint you like. What color is it? The hike sounds like fun! That's cool that you have an annual pass. If there are some moderate/beginner trails, maybe we'll go on a hike the next time Jeff and I visit. :) That would be way fun. Aww I can't wait to have a dog. It would be nice to rescue a dog, but not worth it at the expense of having a dog that is not comfortable around children. That would be dangerous. I think starting with a puppy is a very smart idea. Or at least a dog that hasn't been tormented by children. I am glad you guys had such a wonderful day. I like the picture of you kissing Ryan. He looks so happy!
Those poor dogs -- people are so cruel to animals. It really makes me sick. Smokey has some interesting issues so we're all a little nervous about how he'll interact with the baby but I think everything is going to be fine.
Yay paint! I seriously cannot wait to come visit :)
I loved Red Rock Canyon! We used to go on hikes there as a family a lot. Mt. Charelston is also a very pretty place, and cooler than the valley in the summer!
Post a Comment