As is the case with any move, the house looked like a complete disaster until we got everything boxed up and out.
Zach was a genius and bought a dolly for our move this time. It was a lifesaver. It cut our moving time in half and made it so that we could move everything on our own, including the washer and dryer and fridge!
I helped pack the van too, as evidenced by this picture. Those paper towels were heavier than they looked!
I think I mentioned in a previous post that we only had the moving van from Friday after 4pm until Saturday morning at 8:30am. We spent all of Friday night until about 11pm loading the van. Unfortunately for Ryan, we didn't have the Colletts to keep him company while we packed. We tried to put him to sleep at his normal 7:30pm bed time with no luck. He cried and cried in his pack and play for a half hour before we finally went a got him. He was not a happy camper!
So from about 8:00pm to 9:00pm he was content just sitting in his highchair playing with random things while we moved things from the house out to the garage. He just wanted to be where the action was.
We got a 26 foot van. When we first started packing it we thought there was no way we would use the whole thing.
But slowly it started filling up.
We ended up using every inch of the van. We packed everything but our mattress on Friday night and then packed our mattress first thing Saturday morning and headed up to our house!
The painters weren't able to get into the house to paint until Thursday afternoon, so they were still busy painting when we wanted to move in on Saturday. So instead of moving things into the house, we just moved it all into the garage and were homeless for the day. I wondered if Ryan would be okay while we unpacked the van. We had to be quick, since it had to be back by 8:30am. Once again, he came through like a champ and was happy to just sit in his stroller and watch us unpack the whole van.
We pulled into the Uhaul parking lot at 8:27am. Talk about good timing! After getting breakfast at IHOP, we went to a furniture show downtown. It was a charity thing and we ended up getting a great deal on a full sized crib for Ryan! It is really nice and I am excited for Zach to pick it up tomorrow and get it all set up. Later that afternoon we went over to the Rose's house to see their band new baby boy, Colton. He was so cute and little! Congrats guys! We used a gift card to Red Robbin for dinner and then went back to check on how the painters were doing. They were still working really hard but weren't quite finished. Ryan needed to get to bed, so we headed back down to the rental house and slept on an air mattress Saturday night. Sunday we woke up early and got all our stuff out of the rental and went to our new house. We scrambled up some church clothes and made it in time for sacrament meeting and spent the rest of Sunday enjoying being in our new house!This week has been full of unpacking boxes, changing out light fixtures and moving furniture in. I can't believe we ever fit into a one bedroom apartment with all this stuff! As soon as I get things in some kind of order I will post pictures! We love our house!
6 comments:
I have been waiting to hear that you are all well and alive!! You guys are really great at planning and organizing....I can not wait for more pictures soon! Love, Grammy Pam
PS Hugs and kisses to Ryan, too!
Sounds like quite the move! I'm glad Ryan did so well. We can't wait to see pictures! Congrats!
Whoa and Yay! Aww we would have loved to watch him again, but I'm glad he was such a champ once he got to just sit and watch. :) The picture of him in the box with the towels is way cute. I'm so impressed that you got all of that done this weekend! And now you get the fun part—unpacking! At least that is always the most fun part to me. :) I love organizing everything.
I am glad you all are in your new house. It was great the Ryan liked watching!!!! I love unpacking and getting things where they should be. Can't wait to see picutres when you are done!!!
Wow... you have a house :)
I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see pictures. And I am so impressed with how good Ryan was - you sure have a wonderful little boy!
Congrats on the move! I'm so excited to see the place. I hope you NEVER have to pack another box again!
Post a Comment