Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

So the other weekend while we were shopping at WalMart, trying to kill time while the painters finished our house, I got Ryan's picture taken with an Easter Bunny. Here is the picture. Cute? Yes or no?If you said no, you are correct.

In case you were wondering, the cute to not-cute ratio is 1:3.

Let's start with the cute:

1. My baby's face. Ryan will always smile for a picture, you can count on that. And, as always, he is darling.







Now for the not-cute and borderline disturbing:

1. The rabbit is sitting on a throne of 7-ups. Not only is this tacky, but it makes no sense. When did 7-up become the Easter beverage of choice? Maybe I am missing something...







2. Ryan is practically falling off the rabbit's lap. Not to mention the rabbit's gloves are filthy. Disgusting. I guess I should be grateful that he doesn't have a firm hold on my child...



And last but certainly not least....

3. How scary is this face?

There was a little girl, probably 6 years old, in front of us. They were unsuccessful at getting a picture of her, in fact as soon as she got within two feet of this costumed freak she started bawling. At first I thought she was being silly, but when I went to pick up my complimentary print at the photo center and took a better look at the rabbit's face I almost started crying. That is one freaky looking Easter bunny. I'm sure it scarred her for life.

Now I can't complain too much, because it was free. And what do you really expect from WalMart? My only hope is that this deranged looking mutant rabbit doesn't haunt too many children's Easter dreams this year...
Thanks a lot, WalMart.

7 comments:

Kinzie Sue said...

That is so funny! One year we heard that Walmart was doing free pictures with Santa around Christmas time. We went. We came home without a picture. Santa was sitting on a metal folding chair in the middle of the aisle, and was the fakest looking santa I'd ever seen... Walmart should stop trying to do free pictures! But I agree, at least Ryan looks cute!

Jill said...

Agreed. The bunny is horrifying. Ryan is still cute, as always.

Amber Handy said...

This post made me and Jeff laugh out loud. Do you know what a funny blogger you are?? I love reading your blog - keep up the good work :)

Mimi Collett said...

Haha. I think Ryan is cute enough to overcome some of the uncute factors, but wow, yeah, that bunny face is definitely a little scary. Eek.

Jill said...

The comment above, attributed to me, is actually by Angela..apparently I signed on to her computer last week and no one has signed me off, though I am now back in VA....anyway, it looks like at least Ryan is not scarred for life, though YOU may be! And I may be, too! Terrifying!

Sarah said...

Awesome! Oh ps, i need your address again since you moved again haha. I promise i'm sending it out to you right after i get the address haha.

Beth schell said...

we have our own freaky walmart easter bunny pic from last year! I agree the bunny is creepy, but the baby is super cute!