Saturday, April 25, 2009

Golfing and Free Yogurt!

Zach has been itching to go golfing since we moved to Las Vegas. He played 9 holes once when I was in Virginia for Anne's farwell and he had some friends in town and then once to the driving range last weekend with Jeff. Today we had big plans to go play twilight at a course downtown. The plan was to have Zach play and Ryan and I ride along in the cart. We left after Ryan's second nap, so he would be happy to ride in the cart for a few hours. But first...

We stopped at Golden Spoon for some FREE frozen yogurt. It was awesome. Totally free and totally delicious.
Okay, so we get to the course and walk into the pro shop to pay. Zach tells the guy behind the counter he wants to play twilight. The guy looks at us and asks, "One player and one rider?" We say yes and he starts signing us up for a tee time. Just as he was writing our name down some nosy old lady behind the counter says, "You're not planning on taking that baby with you, right?" Uh, no we're gonna leave him in the car. Duh lady! We say yes that he is just going to ride along in the cart with me and she very rudely informs us that it is against their policy to allow anyone under the age of six on the course. Now, I thought this might be the case, but she said it so rudely that I was even ready to fight her on it. Zach asked why and she said the baby might get hit by a ball or something. I hate when people try to tell you what you can and can not do with your baby. It was discrimination I swear! All we wanted to do was golf! Geez. She and Zach went back and forth for a little bit, with her refering to Ryan as a "she" the whole time. Don't even get me started on how annoying that is! We left feeling very defeated.

Not wanting to let it ruin our whole day, we decided to go hit a bucket of balls at the driving range Zach and Jeff played at last week. This time Ryan and I waited outside by the clubs. We weren't taking any chances! Zach had fun hitting balls, while I explained all the rules to Ryan. Ryan was fabulous the whole time. We sat on the grass and I showed him a ball and a tee and he just held them and banged them together for a while. Then we watched Zach hit some balls and watched some pigeons. I even got a chance to hit a couple balls and I have to say, after over a year of no golfing, I've still got it! I only wiffed once! Toward the end, Ryan got a little restless so I let him hit a ball with the putter. He loved it! I think we definitely have a future golfer on our hands. Ryan didn't let go of the putter until we got to the car and Zach had to yank it away from him. Then...

We were off to the Golden Spoon next to the golf course to cash in on some more free frozen yogurt! haha.
Round two. We were talking in the car about how good the yogurt was and how it is only 22 calories per ounce and how healthy we were being. It has like half the calories of ice cream, but I guess when you have double the amount of frozen yogurt, you are back to square one. Oh well. It was FREE! I ordered a small and the man behind the counter gave me this monstrosity! I had no choice but to finish the whole thing. Don't want to be wasteful, you know. Plus, if I ordered the 8 oz. small, I only get the calories from 8 ounces of it. Right?! Right.


All in all, it was a fun afternoon. :)

2 comments:

Konfusion with a K said...

I've decided that when you get extra food it means the server or whoever thinks you're hot, haha. Seriously though. It's how they flirt..

As to that annoying nosy old woman, I woulda decked her... okay well maybe not but I definitely would have some choice words for her and her nosy busybody. Stupid. I hate nosy people.

I'm glad you got to show Ryan all about golf and get 2 free frozen yogurts! Yay!

Mimi Collett said...

That sounds like an absolutely awesome day, except for the lady. I wonder if they have had a baby get hit and got in trouble. The interesting thing to me is why it makes a difference the age. Maybe a golf ball to the head would do more damage to a 5 year old than a 7 year old? I'm sorry that Zach didn't get his golf. It looks like you'll need a babysitter if you want to go with him! Add golf to that list. If you have such a list that would require you to have a babysitter to do. :)

I really want free frozen yogurt right now.