Monday, June 15, 2009

A little afternoon snack...

I took Ryan to the park today so he could practice walking with his shoes on (while holding on to my hands). He did really good. He ended up with one scraped knee when I let him try and walk with his push toy, but I'd say that's pretty good for our first time out.

After he got tired of walking I let him crawl in the grass. He loved it! He started getting pretty confident and crawling further and further away from me. Then all of the sudden, like he had been doing it all his life, he picked a yellow flower in the middle of the lawn and popped it in his mouth! I couldn't get to him fast enough and he ended up eating the whole thing. Oops!

When we got home we had a snack of goldfish and apple juice. I guess he was hungry for a snack!

6 comments:

Zach said...

That's my boy... always up for a snack.

Angela and Mike said...

haha. Ryan, you are awesome. I wonder how it tasted?

And...I loved your "fat" blog...especially since my baby is one of those fat babies. Maybe 9 months from now I will be reflecting on Colton's fatness too :)

Konfusion with a K said...

hahaha best blog ever! :)

Jodi said...

Better not leave him on a lawn with mushrooms...oh wait, you are in the desert. Maybe your lawns never get mushrooms!

Rach said...

Awesome.

Mimi Collett said...

Haha. Yum! Flowers! My sister and I used to eat leaves all the time. I have no idea why. We weren't even toddlers. I'm talking 6 to 8 years old kind of thing. Sigh. I'm so impressed about his walking with shoes!!