Monday, September 28, 2009

Sick as a dog...


Leave it to us to buy a sick puppy. Roxy (that's what we're calling her) started getting sick last night and was actually admitted to the pet hospital this morning. She will stay there for 24 hours and we hope to see an improvement by the time she is released. She was very dehydrated when I brought her to the vet this morning so they will have her hooked up to an IV all day and night to get her fluids back up. Thankfully, she came back with a negative Parvo test, so we dodged a bullet on that one! She is still such a good puppy. A little trooper. We are really hoping she will make it through. This is not really how I saw our first week with a new puppy going, but hopefully we've seen the worst of it. It can only get better from here! :)

On a related note, this dog is costing us an arm and a leg. She better be the best dog ever. And at this point I really would consider selling either my arm or my leg to help cover some of these vet bills. Any takers?!

4 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

Sorry she is sick...hope she gets well fast efore too many $$--welcome to pet ownership. She is sweet in the pics!

Jodi said...

Poor little puppy :(. I hope she gets better soon. She really does look sick as a dog in the picture...but still adorable. We will say a prayer for you all!

Mimi Collett said...

Awww she is so cute! Haha. I thought you said you were going to wait until Ryan was older! :) Dogs (especially puppies!) are pretty hard to resist. That is so sad that she's sick. :( I hope she gets better soon!

Empty Nester said...

Elpheba too turned out to be very costly as she got sick with Parvo after we brought her home. After lots and lots of TLC at the hospital, (and money), she turned out to be the Best Dog ever. Good luck.