Monday, October 5, 2009

I Hope They Call Me on A Mission...

As most of you know, my little sister is on a mission in Nauvoo, IL right now. She is getting ready to leave for 6 months to do her outbound assignment in Spokane, Washington and I am so excited for her! Anyway, she and I write each other every week so I wasn't surprised to find a letter in my mailbox from her yesterday. What I was surprised about was that the letter was accompanied by a small package!

This week is my birthday and she remembered! When I was growing up, I liked to collect Fisher Price Little People sets. They are just about the cutest things around. Now I have a ton of Little People for Ryan to play with when he gets older. So I was super excited when I opened the package to find two companionships of Little People missionaries! Ryan is going to have so much fun with these. They are so cute!


They come in companion sets. She found them at an LDS fair thingy in Nauvoo. There is a website listed on the package, but I just tried it and it doesn't work. Bummer.

www.minimissionary.com

:) Thanks Sister Bailey!

10 comments:

Jodi said...

Way cute! I'm thinking the one still in the package on the right hand side looks like Zach!

Christine and Nick said...

what a cute idea! Nick would especially like the black brother in the package... :)

Jodi said...

Oops! Make that the left hand side! (yeah, I'm a preschool teacher!)

Jodi said...

Maybe Zach in the summer time when he is really tan! Okay. That's it. My last comment.

Angela and Mike said...

Happy almost birthday! What day is it on...Wednesday for your movie night? Fun gift!

linds said...

Hey we live in the Spokane, WA mission and have sisters in our ward! Maybe she'll be in our ward! That would be awesome! Happy birthday, ps!

Anonymous said...

so much cuter than someone else's i know... and I didn't have to set them up.

We still miss you!

Konfusion with a K said...

okay those are friggin adorable! what a great and fun find!! :)

Mimi Collett said...

Those are way cute, and what a great toy for Ryan! Do you have any fun birthday plans for Thursday? :) I didn't realize that the proselyting time lasted so long with missions like Anne's. Six months! How fun. I'm sure she'll miss Nauvoo, but that is great that she gets to experience both.

Holly said...

So cute! Tucker has the same little missionaries! My mom found them somewhere, I don't remember where. But they're great church toys! (Even if all Tucker does is stick their heads in his mouth...!) Happy Birthday by the way! And congrats on the dog, and sorry it was such a rough start. You're a braver woman than I am...