Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My life.

So this picture pretty much sums up my life these days. Juggling a toddler and a puppy has been more difficult than I ever could have imagined. Granted, having a sick puppy to deal with made things a lot more complicated. The first week of Roxy being home was Awful (with a capital "A"). Mothers were called, marriages were tested, craigslist ads were placed and tears were shed. And that was just Tuesday! I honestly would not relive the past week for a million dollars. It. was. terrible. I guess that's the nice thing about life though; it moves on.

In contrast, this week has been fantastic. Roxy is a great puppy. She sleeps through the night. She doesn't have any accidents in her crate. She sits. She stays(sort of). She is respectful of Ryan and she really likes me. I guess I sort of like her too, just a little. She is pretty sure she's meant to be a lap dog. Every time I get on the ground she cuddles up on my lap and goes to sleep. We'll see how long that lasts. I'm guessing in a couple months she won't be able to fit on my lap anymore. Unfortunately, with Roxy vying for my attention, Ryan has decided that he is a lap child. So most of the time I am trying to make enough room for a puppy and a toddler on my lap. Not a bad problem to have if you ask me. :)

On Friday, we are heading up to Utah to attend our best friends' sealing. I am really looking forward to a break. My aunt manages a Dog Tender in St. George and she has offered to take Roxy for the weekend which is going to be so nice! I think it will be just the recharge I need.

My mom requested some video footage of Roxy, so here goes nothing!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Are you sure this puppy is not part rabbit? She is adorable. I can tell her attention span is about one nano second! Thanks for the video :). Ryan is pretty cute too. Glad things are going well with the babies!
p.s. I like the new look on the blog...nice!

Mimi Collett said...

Aww cute puppy! :) I am so glad that things have gotten better with Roxy! Your story of how they both want to be on your lap reminds me of when I babysit for one of my friends. She has a first grader, sunbeam, and an almost 2 year old. The youngest is pretty much traumatized when his mom leaves him, so he has to be on my lap. I spend a lot of time when I'm there with Jill on my lap, nursing, and him on my lap holding a book for me to read to him.

And I'm so happy that you guys get to go for the sealing. Jeff and I would have loved to be there, too. That's life though. No job = no fun. Some day!

It was great talking to you last week. Please call whenever you need to talk!! :)

(And I would love to video chat again, too. Although I don't know if the trick of putting it on the kitchen floor would work quite as well when you have a puppy.)

*Meg Larsen* said...

I TOTALLY understand the crazy world of toddlers and puppies. I love dogs and scotty adores my parents puppy but being home alone with both of them is a serious test of wills and patience. Especially because Scotty is old enough to encourage the rough housing and they both get JEALOUS. Who would have guessed?