Monday, October 26, 2009

Patience.

We have been working really hard to teach Roxy some boundaries when it comes to Ryan. She is just a puppy so jumping, nipping and licking come naturally. Unfortunately for miss pup, jumping and nipping will not be tolerated. Especially when it involves my baby. Our training seems to be coming along quite nicely.

I knew I was making progress when the other night as I was making dinner I noticed Ryan and Roxy interacting and there was no jumping, nipping or crying (from either party). From the corner of my eye it looked like Ryan was trying to feed something to her. Upon further investigation, however, I discovered that Ryan was repeatedly poking Roxy in the eyeball (SO shiny!). Roxy was being a good dog and just taking it. She would simply blink after each poke and look back at him.

I think she just might be a keeper.
Now we just need to work on some boundaries for Ryan when it comes to Roxy. He is just a toddler, so pulling and poking and "stepping on top of" come naturally.

I think I've got my work cut out for me.

Roxy love.

Even dogs blink for the occasional picture.


3 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

awww cute Roxy. And I am so proud of her! What patience to let him poke her in the eye! :) You'll do a great job teaching Ryan to be gentle. :)

Jodi said...

Growing up together....too sweet.

Lindsey said...

Aww I'm so excited to meet Roxy!! She sounds like such a cutie! Well, in this story at least. I'm so happy she and Ryan are getting along :)