Thanksgiving is at our house this year. We are really excited to have family in town and to eat a lot of food. Two of my favorite things! Anyway, seeing as we will be spending a lot of time in the kitchen (cooking, eating, cleaning up, cooking, eating, cleaning up, etc.), we decided to give ours a mini-make over. Over the past few weekends we have painted, installed under cabinet lighting and put in a tile back splash. Doing the work ourselves saved us a ton of money and we learned a lot and had fun doing it! I think it looks fantastic!
I present you with the requisite "before" picture. Bland, ordinary and boring.

Drum roll please. And here is the "after" picture! Ta Da!

This picture doesn't show the under cabinet lighting (it is turned off). Zach took one with the lighting on and I was going to post it, but one of the cupboards was open. Boys just don't pay attention to little details like they should.
As I am writing this, however, it seems silly not to post it. We are all friends here. So here you go!

My most favorite part is the decorative area above the stove. It's a little crazy how it just worked out. Zach and I didn't measure before we bought the tiles or anything and given the fact that we came up with it and installed it at 2:30am, I am pretty impressed. You should be too.

Now Thanksgiving can officially come, and you can all quit harassing us
(We love it.) for pictures. :)
13 comments:
I really like the kitchen and plan to spend alot of time in there admiring all the upgrades! We need to go looking for decorative things on top of the cabinets surrounding the clock!!
Unlike Pam who plans to spend time "admiring", I will be your washer-upper for the week. I love your upgrades. Oh Zach....I need a backsplash installed in my kitchen!!!!!
IT LOOKS AWESOME. I'm so glad you posted the picture. I was going to have to call you to make you post it, or just come over and see it in person I guess :) It turned out great. I'm so jealous. I've always wanted a backsplash. Way to go!
So cool! I think you need to show me how to do that to my kitchen!
Looks wonderful! Now when are you coming to my house?
Wow! This truly rivals the doggy crate cover.
That looks SO GOOD! And what a good feeling to know you did it all yourself. Great job!!! (I'm going to show Curt as soon as he gets home!)
Brooke, it looks so GOOD! I love all the little touches you gave it. You should definitely be proud of yourselves.
GORG!!! Love the backsplash!!
Wow and wow again! Thanks for posting. I love it!
So Brooke, are you guys available for hire? It looks awesome....You should film all your little projects and you could have your own episode of Extreme Home Makeover!! Looks awesome!
I'm completely impressed. It looks so good!!
I love it!!! Our kitchen is the exact same layout as yours and i've been wanting to do a backsplash too. You'll have to give a tutorial. LOL
Post a Comment