Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Addiction.

We are struggling with an addiction here at the Bellows' house:


Any time we are in the house Ryan is requesting, "Caws, caws!" We started the better part of our walk yesterday in tears because a certain one year old wanted to watch "caws" NOT go on a walk. I basically have to plan our days so we are never at home or else he begs and begs to watch his favorite movie.

It hasn't been all bad. I have been able to shower and make dinner for the past two days without any interruptions.

Oh yea, and he may or may not have been watching Cars while I wrote this blog. Oh well.

8 comments:

Jeff Handy said...

We recently went through a Ratatouille phase and now have moved on to a Sid the Science Kid addiction. He and Ryan sound so similar :-) It's a hard balance of not turning your kids into a couch potato but also enjoying something that keeps them so entertained. I personally don't think it's going to permanently damage Will if he watches TV. Let's hope I'm right...

Jeff Handy said...

Oops, sorry that comment was by me, Amber. I forgot I was logged in with my husband's e-mail. Thought I'd let you know so it doesn't creep you out :)

Holly said...

We currently have an addiction to "The Elephant Song"--a music video on YouTube. At least 10 times a day Tucker climbs up on the computer chair and makes the elephant noise to get us to put it on. It's so hard when TV is so handy and helpful at times...what is a mom to do?

Christine and Nick said...

yea, Callie has to watch part of Bolt everyday. Especially since being pregnant it is hard not to give in everytime... :)

Mimi Collett said...

"caws" cute! :)

*Meg Larsen* said...

scotty's hooked on that movie too...and when i think i've "broken" the habit, it just switches to a different one. Toy Story has mysteriously "disappeared" this week because I just can't handle it any more...

Jessica said...

lol, Riley went through a Cars phase! Everyday, two or three times a day he wanted to watch... I saved me in an airport with a 3 hour weather layover (in las vegas, go figure) It does pass, now it's just TV in general (which is not as cute) it is really hard to balance getting things down without a little one underfoot and too much tv. :) Good luck!

Konfusion with a K said...

Hahah Megan's little boy Colin is obsessed with Cars too! I think it's definitely a little boy thing. Good luck tearing him away, haha.