Monday, March 15, 2010

Perfect Day for a Picnic

It was finally not windy or overcast today and, at a sunny 67 degrees of perfection, we had no choice but to eat lunch outside. Ryan's first official picnic. :)

The food was good and after spending over an hour running around at the park, this kid actually had an appetite! It's a miracle!

We had fun listening for planes and eating pretzel sticks.

Every now and then we would hear a plane! Talk about excitement! "BANE!!!"

Look how grown up he is. Legs crossed and everything. I can't get enough of this boy.

It took Roxy a few minutes to understand that she was, in fact, NOT invited to the picnic...

After shooing her away multiple times though, she finally got the message and kept her distance. She is loving the warmer weather too!

We're looking forward to a whole week of lovely weather and sunny days! And we will definitely keep our camping table handy for our next picnic, which is sure to be in the near future!

5 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

The second and third pictures are my favorites. It looks like fun! Cincinnati actually had a day that got up to the 70s last week. Crazy. :) (Of course, I was in Nebraska that day, where it was snowing. Go figure.) I love how excited he is about the airplanes. If only we old people still could get excited about things like that. I'm glad Roxy finally figured out that she was not invited. :)

Jodi said...

What a lovely day! It is moments like this that make all the tedious times as a full time mom and homemaker worth it. Soon the "Bane!" he points out will be carrying Lindsey and I... we can hardly wait!

Sarah said...

Hi Brooke! I saw you on Melanine's blog and thought I'd pop over to say hello :) Congrats on baby #2 - very exciting!

Jill said...

Looks like the perfect childhood.

Konfusion with a K said...

Sounds like a lovely day! It has been warming up here too! I think it's even supposed to get up into the 70s this weekend! WOO!